Solved

SecureWeb Browser

Userlevel 7
Hello Webrooters, 

Is anyone having issues with the SecureWeb Browser on your Android? I cannot get into settings when tapping in the 3 dots in right hand corner. Edited: I'm finding the User Guide for SecureWeb is not very helpful. IMO.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 28 September 2018, 23:41

@Ssherjj wrote:

@TripleHelix wrote:
@Ssherjj try rebooting the phone and try again!

I rebooted my device and now I see faint settings..they are dark and hard to see but I've got the settings now. My brightness is up all the way too. I guess you could barely see the menu in my last post. 

Well time to contact support! 😛 https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=10&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=1053

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
I uninstalled the mobile app months ago, when the permissions changed. Sorry I can't help, Sherry.
Userlevel 7

@BurnDaddy wrote:
I uninstalled the mobile app months ago, when the permissions changed. Sorry I can't help, Sherry.

Not a problem @BurnDaddy! Thanks for replying! 😉
Userlevel 4
Uninstall and re-install unfortunately. Its pretty quick.
Userlevel 7

@pbcompgeek wrote:
Uninstall and re-install unfortunately. Its pretty quick.

I did that already hours ago and it still gives me that same screen when trying to open the menu/settings. 

Thank you just the same.  😉
Userlevel 4
I will test on some phones and let you know what I find out. 
Userlevel 7

@pbcompgeek wrote:
I will test on some phones and let you know what I find out. 

Thank you! I have uninstalled it for now until there is a solution... 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Hi @Ssherjj no issues here on my Moto Z Android 8.0.0

Userlevel 7
Hi @TripleHelix 

It's still not working and I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I'll have to dig around some and see if its something to do with my phone.

Userlevel 4
Tested on Samsung Note 9-8.1.0 and Samsung note 5-7.0.0 and both are working I can back as far Note 2 but will have to try that later. Which OS version are you on so I can try it on that version? Oh. Just read the Note 8. But still need to know OS version. I will try it on a note 8 just need a little bit. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Userlevel 7

@TripleHelix wrote:

I rebooted my device and now I see faint settings..they are dark and hard to see but I've got the settings now. My brightness is up all the way too. I guess you could barely see the menu in my last post. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

@Ssherjj wrote:

@TripleHelix wrote:

Well time to contact support! 😛 https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=10&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=1053
Userlevel 7

@TripleHelix wrote:

@Ssherjj wrote:

@TripleHelix wrote:

Yes I guess I'll have to do that and Submit a Support Ticket because SecureWeb still has bugs!
Userlevel 4
I'm still upset that I didn't think to suggest restart phone as the first thing. Lost a lot of opportunities in life because of this exact situation. 😞
I just posted the same thing before I saw your post. I thought I was going to lose it. However, I solved my own problem which seems to be yours. You can't just quick tap it. Put your finger on it and hold it for just a quick second then everything shows up clearly. 

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings