Best answer by JimMView original
SecureWeb for Android not working at all
I have the secure anywhere complete on my HTC EVO 4G using the android 2.3.5 system. Everytime I try to use secure web to go anywhere on the internet it goes to a blank page and thats it. I uninstalled then re-installed the webroot app on 3/14/12 and it worked for 2 days then quit again. Everything was working fine until I did the last update just over a week ago. Any ideas?
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
No account yet? Create an account
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
Please let me know whether or not this helps:
Open Settings on your device, go to Applications -> Manage Applications -> Webroot SecureAnywhere and tap Clear cache. You only want to clear the cache specifically. Do not tap clear data, as that will reset the app entirely. Please let me know if that helps.
This issue is currently being researched and when we have more information it will be provided.
If you notice any other symptom or issue that could be related, please let us know!
1. Application comes up BLACK upon launch
- Our developers are aware and are looking at this issue.
2. Application comes up BLANK, as reported here. This does not occur immediately at install like Issue 1.
- I've sent you an email requesting application logs. Please go ahead and collect those. This will require further investigation.
3. Message stating "application is not installed."
- This is a problem with the Android operating system itself. The way to resolve this is to restart your device. Then the icon in Applications will work. If there is one on the home screen that still doesn't work, you will need to delete that icon and use the one from Manage Applications. You can create a new one for the home screen at that point, and it will start working again.
One of our developers took a look at smoker2479's issue (Issue #2 from the above list) and created a fix. That fix is currently being tested by our QA department. We hope to have it into production soon.