Solved

SecureWeb issue

howdy, just re installed phone and installed me apps, i like to use secureweb but this time round i cant use it as every time i click the app icon it just keeps loading me into www.webroot.com/us/en where i cant search around the web, when i go through the phone to try set secureweb as default in manage apps cant find it, does not show under all, why does it not work anymore, cheers Andy
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 11 June 2014, 19:07

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello GANJA...I've also had some problems with secureweb. Just a note here that maybe you could clear Webroot cache in Settings and then maybe uninstall SecureWeb and reinstall from from Google Playstore. And try to clear your History settings .

I'm not an expert but maybe you could try these options and I can look into this further.. EDIT...Follow this FIRST...
One more thing is to go into Websecure and click at the bottom of page where settings and change Browser Start page to whatever you want..this should do the trick...so do this first, okay?
Regards,
hi, webroot was freshly installed last night after a phone format/re-install, cleared cache and still same webpage
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Again GANJ...Open SecureWeb/right corner click settings/ Click Browser Start Page/ and put in www. This should do it!
hi, wont let me just have www., keeps adding www.com  like this www.www.com
what should the search provider string be
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Okay I'm sorry go to top of Websecure and change page at the top of browser..to www. That did work for me.. Like www.msn.com
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi you may need to clear your history then type into SecureBrowser your start page to www.msn.com or whatever start page you want...Let me know and I can research some more ok
hi, think its sorted now, so how do i set it as default web browser as just been on sim toolkit and opened phone browser, i dont want that

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello GANJA..... On my phone Android it gives me two options ....to dial with...either or. Not sure I will check back and see ....I don't understand what you mean about sim toolkit? @ may be able to assist,,,
GANJAMANYEAH writes:
hi, think its sorted now, so how do i set it as default web browser as just been on sim toolkit and opened phone browser, i dont want that
Userlevel 7
Hi GANJAMANYEAH

Hope that you are well?

I do not own an Android phone but have 'played' with one a while back and if I recall you just go to Settings > Apps > All > Internet > Clear Defaults. Then , the next time you do a search or open a link, you ill be offerred a choice of which app you want to open it with. Select the browser you want from those listed, put a tick in the "Make Default" checkbox and that should make your selected app the default browser.

Hope that is correct and helps? ;)

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Unfortunately @ My cell phone used to be a HTC and it was setup that way so now you're settings are different from advice given. .hopefully your solution works..
EDIT:
Forgot to mention I have LG2 which is setup differently..

Salute 🙂