Solved

Sorry for reposting this question but...

Userlevel 3
Webrott is hanging when scanning and I can't get it to update my scan definitions. I have done a fresh install from Google play and that has nont changed the issue. I am absolutely positive that this has been covered already, but I can't seem to find the thread with the solution. Sorry for the inconvenience.
icon

Best answer by DannyK 18 June 2013, 21:44

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Which version is the app currently on and have you tried a "Force Definitions Update"?
Userlevel 3
Android 2.2.2, application version 6.1.8

The webroot version is3.3.0.5561

I can't find anywhere that allows me to "Force definition update"
Userlevel 7
Force Definitions Update:
Tap Security>Antivirus>Schedule>Force Definitions Update Now
Userlevel 3
No go. I found it, and did as you instructed, but it still says, "Last checked for definitons update on 6/18/2013 at 7:26 AM."
Userlevel 7
Danny, you're probably looking for this knowledgebase article.  Please let us know if that info helps you out.
Userlevel 3
No help. I watched the scan, and found that it got "stuck" when scanning the "Maps" (I'm assuming this is Google Maps) I still had 1.7-something GB left on the SD card and the card is 1.81 GB total, so I doubt that is the problem. Even still just to check it, I cleared the SD card and unmounted it just to be sure. The scan still will not complete. This is a little frustrating (sorry) I appreciate the help.
Userlevel 7
Well, if it's getting stuck on the internal storage, it could still be the same issue but regarding the internal storage rather than the sd card. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Webroot? There have been reports of that helping in some situations.
Userlevel 3
Yes. I did that yesterday with no favorable results.
I just cleared the storage (system wide) for the maps, and trying another scan.
Userlevel 3
SUCCESS!!! After clearing the system storage for Google Maps (all updates are gone), the scan ran through completely and is now back to normal.
Userlevel 7
There was probably corruption in the app cache. Thanks for letting us know. 🙂