Solved

There is a floating Webroot on my phone screens that is "Product Tampering" ?

• 5 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Yesterday, both of my Android phones had foainting/transparent/Webroot banner / pop -up. I thought it was a Webroot Update Reminder.This led to a message that said “Product Tampering,,Security Risk, Download from Google Play Store.But is no Update for phones on Play. IHas someone hacked my phones or is this some sort of idiot spam from an idiotic Bad Actor ? I have received mocking messages from BAs in the past that were nothing once I talked about the FBI 's ic3.gov site and here is your Proxy Address, here is what domain it is maintained in and here is what Nation you come from, here are your GPS coordinates, etc. I have opened a Support Ticket with WB. How do I get rid of this floating icon if everything is okay ? I am VERY security  Cautious!

Finally, what is everyone's opinion on WB's VPN ? I do not use a router or modem to get WI-FI and I may try to use a third party route to get Ethernet.Thank you ...

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 6 December 2022, 00:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @jolhoss 

That sounds very strange indeed and you did the right thing by contacting Webroot Support!

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Finally, what is everyone's opinion on WB's VPN ? I do not use a router or modem to get WI-FI and I may try to use a third party route to get Ethernet.Thank you ...

I highly recommend a VPN if you are using any third part Wifi that is not secure.  While I use several VPN products (out of respectful Webroot)  I will not mention them here, I have also used Webroot’s VPN (Webroot Wifi Security) and it performed fairly well, was simple to use, and does provide you with the extra protection you need on open Wifi. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Second that on using a vpn. There are many out there that do the job well