tracphone devise manager

• 20 December 2015
  • 5 replies

I have been getting red alert errors on my Samsung Galaxy SII. It is telliing me that tthis is a Trojan and needs to be removed. Webroot has been unable to remove this item. I had this problem before with the same results. I powered the phone off, removed the battery and SDcard. The last time that phone was kept out of service for a couple weeks. I needed some info. on that phone, I decided to bring the phone back on line to get that info. There were no red alert msgs till now. Has anyone had the same problem with a Tracone phone? What had to be done to address this problem?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi trc2358

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I have scanned through the previous threads but unfortuantely can find no reference to the device that you mention, Would you be able to provide further information about the 'red alerts' you are seeing? Is there any message or indication as to what the subject of the alerts is?

Anything like that would be useful in helping us to try to determine what the cause of the issue is and if we can help or if you really need to open a support ticket so that the Support Team can take a loook for you, assuming that it is related to WSA or malware, etc.

Regards, Baldrick
Baldrick, Thank You for the reply. I haven't used this form of looking for support in Webroot. I don't know how to reply for your request for information. Please help me understand what information you need. It will really help me have a better knowledge what info. is needed. The following in the request;

Warning Message - Tracphone Device Manager - Trogan
Device - Samsung Galaxy SII Phone
Action - Tried to use Webroot to remove the Tracphone Device Manager from phone.
Webroot Reply - unable to remove Tracphone Device Manager

I broke it down like this so you could pick the area that doesn't have enough info. or the above needs another piece of info. I really  any help so that I use this type of support for future issues.   Thank You

Userlevel 7
Hi trc2358

No worries, and thansk for providing the infomration you have...as a result I have located this previous thread on the very same topic.

Have a read of it but the consensus view is that you should open that support ticket in relation to this item. Uising the link provided is easy, you just click on it, enter your registration email address and your password and then you will be prompted to fill out in clear the details of your issue. If you prefer you can just provide a link to this thread so as not to have to retype everything.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
I tried other paths to clear that problem and they all failed. I finally got to the point that I formated the internal storage. Guess what, it didn't work. The same message is there. It seems that has had additional impact on that phone. It has impacted the ability to use Google Play Store. When I tried to go there to do an uninstalled of Firefox it prevented me from getting to Google Play Store. Was able to go to a listing of Apps and was able to do an uninstall of Firefox. Since that, it appears that I can't get a secure internet connection on that phone.give up tonight, I will start trying to get a ticket open with Webroot tomorrow. Thank you for trying to help me. MERRY CHRISTMAS
Userlevel 7
Hi trc2358

Sounds like the right thing to do in the  current circumstances.

Please keep us updated as to what the Support Team come back with on this.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards, Baldrick