Solved

Two Android tablets one says I need Attention, but

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
the one that is asking for attention does not appear to have any problems.  What I see on the button is it need to be updated and scanned, both of which are taken care of, but it still shows that it needs attention.  This is for my Samsung Galaxy tab 2 device, the one I just added says it is protected and shows no problems, as well as all my PC's.  What needs to be done or does something have to be reset?
icon

Best answer by JimM 9 August 2013, 17:39

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
the one that is asking for attention does not appear to have any problems.  What I see on the button is it need to be updated and scanned, both of which are taken care of, but it still shows that it needs attention.  This is for my Samsung Galaxy tab 2 device, the one I just added says it is protected and shows no problems, as well as all my PC's.  What needs to be done or does something have to be reset?
The first thing I would do is uninstall all the Webroot Android apps and go back to Google play and reinstall to see if that helps.

Daniel
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
The uninstall is grayed out, I can't make it function. At one point I was going back and I thought I saw something for the Lockscreen but I went too fast and couldn't get back to what I saw. Also, I do not see the icon for WebRoot in the tray in the lower right.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Have you tried to reboot the Device?

Daniel
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Yes, I had HotSpot shield on and uninstalled that one okay, but it won't allow it for Webroot. My Hotspot shield was the free version, but I t thought I would try to uininstall it to make sure others would uninstall.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
So what is your status now?

Daniel
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
It is still the same, it does say it is protected and I do see the icon in the lower right tray, but can't get it to uninstall.  The Lockscreen option shows up in settings under Personal, but doesn't appear to have anything to do with Webroot. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
It is still the same, it does say it is protected and I do see the icon in the lower right tray, but can't get it to uninstall.  The Lockscreen option shows up in settings under Personal, but doesn't appear to have anything to do with Webroot. 
The Webroot staff will have look tomorrow and they will come up with other suggestions also you can Submit a Support Ticket if you like?

Also I'm just using the Free version for now as my wife doesn't take it anywhere.

Daniel
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Daniel, it looks like Samsung allows you to set up security with a pin or password etc I am putting a web page here:

http://findmymobile.samsung.com/login.do

or
samsungdive.com

But that doesn't explain why it won't allow me to uninstall, I will submit support ticket in the next couple of days, I will not be here tomorrow most of the day. I have had problems with Hotspot Shield, it apparently doesn't work well with Earthlink, so I use it for a while until it stops then shut it off and try once in a while again. I don't want to pay for another service especially if I will have problems. But I want Webroot to work.
Userlevel 7
I'm curious to know how you're going about uninstalling it. Are you going through the Android's Application Manager or using the "uninstall" option in Webroot itself? If you haven't tried using the uninstall option in Webroot itself, let's give that a try. To access it, open Webroot, and from the main screen tap your menu button, and tap Uninstall. That will hopefully allow you to uninstall so you can then reinstall as Daniel suggested.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Jim,

I won't be able to get to it until later tonight, unless I find a quick moment, but when I open Webroot, I don't remember seeing a place for menu options.  I saw the option to do a scan, and I think I saw buttons on the bottom for security or something like that.  I am at a computer down the basement right now and we will be out, but I will try to find what you describe.  Also, last night I did see that the same situation was on my newer NextBook Android, grayed out in other words.  So it looks like I will have to do it as you describe. I will post when I get new information here or not.
Userlevel 7
The menu button is a button on your Android itself. It's not an on-screen button. Most of the time, the row of buttons on an Android goes "Menu, Home, Back" towards the bottom of the screen or under the screen. There is typically a universal icon for it that looks like a piece of paper with two lines on it.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I found it, I will have to try to uninstall it later tonight and reinstall. I will be back with my results after I have done it all. Thank you, the menu option was along the bottom of the screen.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I got it, I did have to do the uninstall by way of opening the program and using the menu to uninstall which was among the options across the bottom of the screen.  Now when I access my console it shows all my devices are protected.  Thank you both Jim and Daniel.  I am going to put Hot Spot shield (free) version back on these two Android devices, it is kind of iffy how it works on the computers, but lately it has worked, but I guess I don't need it there, even though I did buy it for the PC's.  I guess it might not matter on the home computers, but I have been using my wireless off and on, turning it on when I want it and off when I am not using it. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear.

Have a great weekend!

Daniel