Solved

Unlocking Android phone no screen

• 21 May 2017
  • 2 replies

Hello,

yesterday late evening I wanted to install my new SIM into my Android phone. I turned it off, replaced the SIM, turned it back on again. I was then asked to give my Password. Not having used the password in a long time I tried to check the password online, then finally reset the password online. After this, I entered the new password into the phone (hoping no typos but not sure as aliased "*********"). The phone should have had acces to the WLAN at my home (which itself is password protected ofc, but if the system is running, the password is saved there) so the password change on Webroot could have been checked.
Now, the phone started to start, then the screen went black. I checked on my account online and found it is locked up. However, I do not get any reaction from the phone. Pushing the start button will do nothing. I tried to replace the old SIM and put it on charge also, but no effect. The only reaction I get at all, is that when I put it on charge, I hear the "charge started" sound. Else the phone seems dead.
As I understand, I should be getting a screen that would tell me that the phone has been locked, and options to undertake, but there is absolutely nothing. What can I do?
icon

Best answer by Jester 21 May 2017, 11:55

View original

2 replies

I just could recolve the issue myself. As the black screen had occured more or less directly after entering the password for Webroot and my account showed that the device had been locked but *not*, that it had been unlocked, I was sure that the issue was connected with Webroot. However, having this morning found the help on unblocking the phone that told me I should get a screen, I considered the problem might be elsewhere and I looked up the way to softreset the phone, which already solved the issue (black screen of death on Samsung phone).
Sorry for the buzz, but given the timing and the missing "phone unlocked" notice on the account, the connection seemed to obvious.
Userlevel 7
Greetings @ and please make yourself feel at home in our Community! :cathappy:

Before reading your 2nd post, I was going to suggest a factory reset. Just glad to hear you've got everything working.
If you have any other problems, please don't hesitate to let us know!