Solved

Webroot account not working

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hello, Yesterday I installed the free version of Webroot antivirus for android (got it from Google Play apps Market) on my brother's phone, a Samsung S3 Neo. Install went on without visible problems, it asked me data for an email and a password in order to create an account and then the app started scanning the phone. The account doesn't work, though, going to https://it-my.webrootanywhere.com/default.aspx?a=b and using the credentials doesn't allow me access and the function "I forgot my password" and "I forgot my security code" don't send any email to my address. I wasn't asked any security code when creating the account on the phone, by the way, only username and password. Could someone shed any light on the problem? Thanks in advance
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 30 April 2015, 16:20

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hello,

sorry for the time it took me to post.

Following your advice to find the keycode I was able to open the console account.

Thanks a lot for the help, guys 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm told by support that you should be able to create a console from the free android app keycode.  Let me know if it's still not working for you.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Thanks a lot,

I'll reinstall the app on my brother's phone, follow your hints and report back the result.

Thanks for the help, guys 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes Daniel I'll be working on it! 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@, Thanks for your asking about this... I simply forgot to look into this..:@
Maybe time for another KB article for such an issue?

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@, Thanks for your asking about this... I simply forgot to look into this..:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Sherry that will help out @ and others with this info!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Are you sure it's the Free version?

Thanks,

Daniel
Yes it shows it's the free version and it shows up on the console as free also.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ OKay the keycode is found by clicking in the upper right hand corner where the little dots are and that will bring up the settings in the lower panel. One of those settings is the register button..click on that and it will show the free keycode listed . It shows Activate/upgrade a new product key. I clicked on Activate and it activated the keycode. One needs to write down the keycode in order to fill in the :Enter Product Key. This activates the keycode. So maybe that should work to be able to get on the Online Console.

The spinning circle goes around nuntil it is activated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Are you sure it's the Free version?

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
 Hi @

I saw the keycode within the free app on my device beforeonce before going into the online console and now I cannot find the keycode within the Android version. I't's not showing up anywhere now except in the Console. I looked everywhere within the app and could not get it.. ??

EDIT: Nevermind I njust found it! I'll post how I found it. Hold on..
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes it will as the OP doesn't have an Online Account. I wonder if you can get the keycode from within the Free app then they can start an Online Account as you know you need a keycode to open one.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @,

I just wanted to mention that the free version of Webroot Android mobile shows the free keycode in my online Account Console with Commands of Scream, Lock,Cutomize Lock screen and Locate My Device. David who I contacted about this and I tested thison my tablet at the time this question was posted. We have free versions of Webroot Mobile in our Consoles. So I'm not sure why "aieie" cannot get on the Console.with her free keycode. So this is a good question for nic.   
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hello, Yesterday I installed the free version of Webroot antivirus for android (got it from Google Play apps Market) on my brother's phone, a Samsung S3 Neo. Install went on without visible problems, it asked me data for an email and a password in order to create an account and then the app started scanning the phone. The account doesn't work, though, going to https://it-my.webrootanywhere.com/default.aspx?a=b and using the credentials doesn't allow me access and the function "I forgot my password" and "I forgot my security code" don't send any email to my address. I wasn't asked any security code when creating the account on the phone, by the way, only username and password. Could someone shed any light on the problem? Thanks in advance
Hello @ I will ping @ to see how you can open a Online Console for the Free product as I would like to know as well.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hello,

Triple Helix and Nic

No, I wasn't part of the Beta Testers Community, never had the guts to use Beta Software, LOL

This case, though, is different: it's my brother phone and my problem is if there is a way to get the free android software and a working console account (the one the software let me do immediately after the install didn't work as I wrote previously).

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Best Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I couldn't find your old keycode under the email you used to register on the community, but I'm happy to get you a new keycode should you want one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello @ you have used WSA in the past right as I know you from Wilders and were you part of the original closed beta group that Joe started? If so your old account should still be there and if you send @ a PM he can check for your older BETA keycode! And if you weren't and if you want Webroot are looking for Beta Testers and if you want to post in here and @ will give you a BETA Keycode: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Announcements-and-Release-Notes/Looking-for-Webroot-Beta-testers/td-p/175350

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hello,
thanks for your answer.
l tried to follow your advice but the first, mandatory field in order to set the account is the product code and I have none since it's the free version.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello aleie,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

To create an account:
  1. Open your browser to the Webroot online management account website. You see the Log in and Create an Account  Go here and use the function to create a new Account instead of trying to log in.
  2. Set this up with your same email amd Password that you used for installing the free version and then create a security code.
Refresh your online Account Console by signing out and then signing in and see if your Android account is set up.

After you have done this please let us know if you are able to see your online Account Console with your device listed.

Kind Regards,