Solved

Webroot APP stops cannot restart

• 5 December 2012
  • 3 replies

I get message Webroot has stopped. I go to settings APPS and select Webroot Secure and all options are grayed out. I cannot get access to uninstall or anything else. This problem appeared when I updated the APP. It looks like the APP stops imediatley when I boot up. I don't see a way to restart it. It was working fine prior to the update. How can this be fixed? I'm using Webroot Secure Mobile Premier
icon

Best answer by mobilekat 5 December 2012, 19:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello mobilekat and welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Can you try to uninstall it again and clean temp and residual files using for instance Clean Master (you can download it free from Google Play). One of its power is in a capability of cleaning of old APK files. After that please try to install WSA Android Free to see if the problems persist. If not, please install WSA Android Premier. Upon installation you will be prompted to choose which of the two WSA you want to keep as the both they can't run together. Please select WSA Android Premier and the free version will be automatically uninstalled.

BTW, don't you have installed other AV solution that could block WSA from running?

I am sorry to bother you with such a lengthy procedure but I recall other users had the similar issue which was successfuly resolved.

Please revert here with results.
For some unknown reason Webroot Security began working again after I looked at the APP status in Settings.

Thanks for the tip on Clean Master.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
For some unknown reason Webroot Security began working again after I looked at the APP status in Settings.

Thanks for the tip on Clean Master.
That's great news! It ended up in the best way, i.e. the issue settled itself 😃