Solved

Webroot for android

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
When will I be able to reinstall the webroot I paid for on my android again?. I was tired of the battery drain and warm phone so I had to uninstall it and am now extremely dissapointed 😕.
Thanks.... Joe.S.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 14 April 2019, 18:38

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 2
Sherry:

I'm guessing that a rollback is maybe an issue due to having to remove the SMS/Call block feature. Rolling back would mean going back to the version that included this feature? I noticed other companies (i.e. Macafee) disabled the feature rather than removing it, per se. The feature is grayed out & produces a dialog box detailing Google's new policy, when you try to enable the feature. Can WR do the same, or are they just adamant about not doing a temp. roll back? If there were no issues prior to the new update, it makes sense to go back, rather than have customers sitting on their thumbs waiting. Customers are looking for answers/resolutions and WR just keeps saying "be patient", isn't willing to offer any sort of compensation. Many customers are having to pay for a mobile subscription from other companies, in addition to what was paid for WR, to fill in the gap that their WR subscription has left. That's not good business, especially for a product/company that was looked at as an industry leader.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Exactly jnl30. I couldn't of said all that any better then you have. 😉
Userlevel 7
Keep an eye on This Thread Webroot will post when they have a fix for the problem.
Many of us have been asking this same question. After using a competing (better?) product for the last week, I'm starting to ask if Webroot will be issuing refunds to those of us who choose not to reinstall if/when they fix whatever they broke. It's been over a week now, and no fix, no roll-back to a working version, nothing but "wait and see if we can do it".
Userlevel 2
I recently received a notice from Webroot that a new build had been released to address current issues. However, when I installed it nothing had been fixed. It still doesn't scan properly and it still caused my battery to drain. Also, I noticed that there seemed to be a difference between the free version and the paid version. Both versions still have the battery issue, but I only had issues with scanning once I activated the keycode for my paid subscription. Are customers going to be compensated somehow for all this trouble? We aren't getting what we paid for.
Userlevel 2
Sherry:

Yes, i installed the new version from the PlayStore. It still has a bug, with regards to the scan feature. The scan bar moves so far, then stops. Also, it doesn't show any progress, the way it used to (i.e. - which files are being scanned, etc.) and doesn't create a scan log. Also, it still eats up a good amount of my battery. Not as much as before, but still a good amount in a short time. Basically, the app still doesn't work. Submitting a ticket basically got me the same information as I'm getting here; it didn't resolve the issue. Can WR do a rollback, to the previous version, until the new version can be fixed? At least then, customers would be getting what we paid for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello jnl30,

Yes their seems to be issues in the latest release and it is showing up in the Beta as well. Scanning in a flash has been reported and we are not getting any scan logs other then reporting the Catlogs to Support when they request them.

Webroot will not roll back to previous version. I do not know why they wouldn't or why Webroot Developers are having so much trouble with their Mobile AV. It has never been this bad in 6 years of using Webroot Mobile Security.

Kind regards,
Sherry
Customers are looking for answers/resolutions and WR just keeps saying "be patient", isn't willing to offer any sort of compensation. Many customers are having to pay for a mobile subscription from other companies, in addition to what was paid for WR, to fill in the gap that their WR subscription has left. That's not good business, especially for a product/company that was looked at as an industry leader.

Yes, this was the same response, or lack thereof, that we received when the Password Manager went down. That took 6 months to fix. Let's hope the fix for the Android issue doesn't take as long.

It's always something!

And that is NO way one should have to refer to their AV protection. It should work. ALL of it. I'm not saying there aren't going to be occasional issues, nothing is perfect, but they should take hours/days to fix, not weeks/months. Not sure how much further Webroot can fall. I think we've hit bedrock! 😞
Userlevel 3
Badge +8
I must say that if they have no solution this week they have lost a loyal customer in me. I will not come back either.
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
WR just keeps saying "be patient", isn't willing to offer any sort of compensation.
For individual non-corporate users, a realistically viable compromise compensation would be an extension of our subscription terms equal to the time elapsed from the bad update until a good update. I know that's a crummy deal but something is better than nothing. So far we're up to about 18 days because it seems the recent "fixed" update isn't really fixed.
Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Thank you
Userlevel 3
Badge +8
I agree, I plan on asking for a refund if it is not fixed shortly and purchase another more reliable antivirus app. Is terribly sad as I've been a loyal customer for years now
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @jnl30 & @Jshov1

Have you installed the new updated Webroot Mobile Security from the Google Play Store yet?
(v5.5.5.38287)

If you have Webroot Mobile installed please uninstall & reinstall.

I am not able to give you a refund but this version fixes the Battery drain that causes your phone to heat up.

You can always Submit a Support Ticket and they can assist you further.

Sorry for all the inconvenience that this issue has caused.☹️
Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Still no news about a repair for our android protection yet?. This is a bit crazy as being loyal customers you would think they would offer up a compromise so they do not lose the ppl who repeatedly purchase and use their products?. "This Sucks" Kind of figured once they merged it would go south, it's usually more about quantity rather than quality once this happens generally and it is truly sad. $$$$$$$