Webroot Mobile Security and Antivirus Android app - [UPDATE] Battery Usage Issue

Show first post

125 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Thank you Patrick!
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I had to uninstall on both my Moto Z 8.0.0 and my wife's phone Galaxy A8 2018 8.0.0 because of nasty battery drain. Webroot Mobile Android v5.5.4.36995

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@smith2006 , The Webroot Mobile Security Release is still the same which means it has not updated ..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webroot.security

What's New

- Under-the-hood app security enhancements

Additional Information

Updated
April 2, 2019
Size
9.0M
Installs
1,000,000+
Current Version

Mystery solved ...Thank you smith2006
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You are welcome! My phone is starting to get hot again. But I haven't got a CPU popup yet. I will know more in the morning after I charge my battery for the night. But this version so far is heating up my device. 😢 When I installed this Beta my phone had 40% battery left. I'll be back tomorrow with more news..

Userlevel 2
+1

I am also experiencing very high battery consumption of Webroot Mobile SecureAnywhere v 5.5.4.36995 since recently updating it , as others on this forum and on the Google Play store have reported.

Phone: Samsung S5, Android 6.0.1

I also notice the phone getting unusually warm ever since SecureAnywhere was updated. It gets especially hot when charging, even under slow charge (from the computer). SecureAnywhere fully drained the battery more than once, when I wasn't looking.
Since last fully charged, SecureAnywhere battery consumption is 154% while my other apps stay at 1-2%.
If this is not fixed very soon, I'll have to uninstall Webroot altogether. As things are, the battery does not last even overnite with no (other) activity. This is not what I paid for...

cheers,
pedro

ps: thanx, Virtualpb!
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
High battery discharge on 2 mobile devices:
Smartphone Nokia 3.1 TA-1049 DS 2/16 Android 9 ("Android ONE" version).
Tablet Asus Zenpad 8.0 P00A(Z380M) Android 7.
Also after recent update neither device will SCAN when VPN is connected, error code 1011. Never had this problem before recent Webroot mobile update.
VPN service is "Private Internet Access" with subscription purchased before introduction of Webroot's VPN product.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @smith2006

Your welcome!

Please report your issues here https://community.webroot.com/webroot-mobile-security-for-android-15/beta-webroot-mobile-5-5-5-338080#post342461

Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @mg22102,

Sorry for the inconvenience. The Beta Team received an update that fixes this issue and so it is only a matter of time that this will be Released soon.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
For anyone out their experiencing battery drain or high CPU from webroot as I was try this it worked for me. I have a S9 and was noticing that u was charging my phone at least 3 times a day and it was over heating as well. If the beta version/ 5.5.5 didn't resolve the issue then reboot your phone and run local test 0/130 which you should be able to read the words that are on the screen not for sure if it's different on every phone but on mine 0 / 130 was English hit the power button to reboot and you're good to go. I have not had an issue with my battery draining or overheating since then. Hope this helps
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
For anyone out their experiencing battery drain or high CPU from webroot as I was try this it worked for me. I have a S9 and was noticing that u was charging my phone at least 3 times a day and it was over heating as well. If the beta version/ 5.5.5 didn't resolve the issue then reboot your phone and run local test 0/130 which you should be able to read the words that are on the screen not for sure if it's different on every phone but on mine 0 / 130 was English hit the power button to reboot and you're good to go. I have not had an issue with my battery draining or overheating since then. Hope this helps

Hello @Roofer ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I have a Samsung Note 8 and I am not seeing the 0-130 on the screen after a reboot..I can go into Safe Mode but that is it.

Thank you for your suggestion though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I have been experiencing this battery drain and high CPU issue since the last Webroot Mobile update.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8
8.0 version

I have already submitted a Support Ticket hours ago.

Thanks @freydrew

Sherry
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It seems or possible that Webroot may have pulled that version?

Could it be a beta version?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I joined the Beta again and it looks like your version is the Beta because that's what I just installed. Now I need to check what the release is again.. 😊👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
@smith2006 , The Webroot Mobile Security Release is still the same which means it has not updated ..

What's New

Additional Information

Updated
April 2, 2019
Size
9.0M
Installs
1,000,000+
Current Version5.5.4.36995

Mystery solved ...Thank you smith2006@smith2006 , The Webroot Mobile Security Release is still the same which means it has not updated ..

What's New

Additional Information

Updated
April 2, 2019
Size
9.0M
Installs
1,000,000+
Current Version5.5.4.36995

Mystery solved ...Thank you smith2006

Thank you for the update.👍🏻

Does using v5.5.5.37711 Beta solve any problem (I have yet to re-join the beta group) ?
Been encountering system OS messages that Webroot Secure Anywhere Mobile has been using too many CPU resources and should be closed. Also I have noticed my battery does not last as long as it has in the past. Both issues started after the latest update to Webroot. My info is below:

Manufacturer: Samsung
Device: SM-G935A (Galaxy 7 Edge)
Android Version: 8.0.0
Webroot Version: 5.5.4.36995

Thanks for the assist.
Mike
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
sheltieuk Samsung Galaxy S6 Android V7.0
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@smith2006 ,

Are you in the Mobile Beta Group? Or did you leave the group? Please go here if you are in this Group. There is an update...
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
My phone, a motorola G6 play has just upgraded to Android 9 (PPP25.55-25) and although everything else on the phone works as expected I find that Webroot secure anywhere mobile is not working. When I try and perform a scan it freezes and I get an Error Code--1011 and a message stating that there is either limited or no connectivity. I get this with either Wi Fi connected and on 4G. I can access the internet so there is a connection. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the App and rebooted my phone but still get the same result. Can you help or advise please.
I have been experiencing excessive battery drain and high CPU usage of 71%, since a few days ago when I last updated my Webroot Mobile app. I am now having to charge my phone 3 times a day, whereas before the update, I only charged my phone once a day.

Plus, I'm noticing my phone is running very hot. If there isn't a solution soon, I will have to uninstall.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8, 8.0 version

Userlevel 6
The battery drain has been astonishing. I have never had to charge my phone this often since I got it. Plus, I also notice that sometimes it has a bit of a 'stutter' when I tap the screen to do things, like there is a delay because it doesn't quite know what it's supposed to do.

I am looking forward to the fix!!! Also, I have an LG K20 phone, if that helps?

thank you to ALL of you who are working to figure this out and keep the tech challenged like myself from panicking!😁
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hey everyone,

I made an update to the first post of this thread but wanted to share below as well to ensure you didn't miss it.

Update: 4/10/19 - Testing – We are making progress on the issues regarding the Webroot Mobile Security and Antivirus Android app. Thank you for your patience while we are continuing to work on fixing this issue. Our latest test build improves app performance, responsiveness, and scan times but we are still working through one blocker.

Before we’re able to release this app to everyone in the Google Play Store, we still have some additional testing that needs to take place.

We will keep you updated with any changes.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
Badge +1
Snce installing the 5.5.5.38287 version on a Pixel 3xl, my battery does not drain as much, but it also does not seem to perform a virus scan. Selecting the option for a manual scan causes it to think about scanning for a couple seconds with no progress on the progress indicator, before returning success.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hey everyone,

We've got another update for you:

Update - 4/17/19 - WSA Mobile 5.5.5 is now available to all users in the Google Play store. You will receive an update notification soon if you haven't already. This release improves app performance, responsiveness, automatic scanning functionality, and battery consumption.

Customers who have already installed our beta version are on the latest version. No action is required on your part. The beta group will be closed when we release the next version of WSA Mobile and you will be notified to upgrade to the latest release.

If symptoms persist after upgrading to version 5.5.5, please open a Support Ticket.
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
Got it. Thanks for the info.😊
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Anytime VanBuran! 😊