Webroot Protection vs Moto G Cell Phone Protection

• 27 November 2014
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi!

I've been wondering if I should activate Android's phone location service or not.  I would hate for it to be in conflict with Webroot's security features.   Are these two compatible?

Thank you very much!

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi!

When I use Webroot's secure web browser, it unexpectedly closes all my tabs except for the Webroot homepage.  Even if I am using only one tab, this happens.  I have stopped using the web browser!  I did want to use this browser thinking that it would offer more security than Chrome.  Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!
Userlevel 7
Hello there!

Have you tried to unintall and reinstall it just to make sure there are no issues in the installation?
Userlevel 3
Forgive me! I never saw this in my inbox.

I have not. I thought it was tied in with webroot, the suite.

I will try.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Forgive me! I never saw this in my inbox.

I have not. I thought it was tied in with webroot, the suite.

I will try.
What product version of WSA do you have? https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home then I can direct you to the correct Android product! See here for more info: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-for/Which-Android-Version-Do-I-Download/ta-p/37300
Userlevel 3
My product version is 
Internet Security Complete
Userlevel 1
I have seen this happened to me also - and as Android developer, found that thiis case by Android OS itself - to free up memory on device, OS can close down apps and the Webroot SecureWeb browser handles this gracefully by closing all tabs rather letting OS crash the app.

I give thumbs up to Webroot Mobile Developers to handle this - however, I see that as normal user, it would be frustrating - but otherwise, there is no other way out
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@ wrote:
I have seen this happened to me also - and as Android developer, found that thiis case by Android OS itself - to free up memory on device, OS can close down apps and the Webroot SecureWeb browser handles this gracefully by closing all tabs rather letting OS crash the app.

I give thumbs up to Webroot Mobile Developers to handle this - however, I see that as normal user, it would be frustrating - but otherwise, there is no other way out
The only advice I have is closing apps you are not using.  This will free up memory for all the apps you are still using.  You can see what apps are running in the background.  On most Androids, this can be done with the square button next to the Home button at the bottom.