Userlevel 1

Webroot secure anywhere console does not show my android phone

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @NRaphael3 

Yes they did remove mobile devices from the online console. This is what I see:

I can ping a few of the Webroot Staff to see what they have to say. @khumphrey  @PVaddi  @coscooper  @nduran 

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

I’ve no idea what’s going through Webroot’s mind, but they’ve completely given up on business mobile protection services. 

Extremely frustrating when we want to deploy Webroot across an client organization and they ask if Webroot can be installed onto their iPads, Android phones etc.. and we say nope and we are forced to sell another solution which looks really bad for Webroot.

Crowdstrike, DeepInstinct and many other really good vendors with great products (I’ve literally tested them all) have agents to protect mobile devices above and beyond Windows and MAC OS. 

The pathetic beta they have for the consumer Android is nothing more than a modified Chrome “safe browser.” Offers ZERO protections against actual attacks. 

Tsk tsk on you Webroot. 

Userlevel 1

Hello @NRaphael3 

Yes they did remove mobile devices from the online console. This is what I see:

I can ping a few of the Webroot Staff to see what they have to say. @khumphrey  @PVaddi  @coscooper  @nduran 

Thanks,

Please do so.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

You likely have the commercial home user version. What I’m speaking specifically about is the business version. Webroot offers zero options for mobile users for MSP’s and business users. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@khumphrey 

What about support for MSP/MSSP that want to offer mobile protection to their client base? 

Userlevel 1

I’ve no idea what’s going through Webroot’s mind, but they’ve completely given up on business mobile protection services. 

Extremely frustrating when we want to deploy Webroot across an client organization and they ask if Webroot can be installed onto their iPads, Android phones etc.. and we say nope and we are forced to sell another solution which looks really bad for Webroot.

Crowdstrike, DeepInstinct and many other really good vendors with great products (I’ve literally tested them all) have agents to protect mobile devices above and beyond Windows and MAC OS. 

The pathetic beta they have for the consumer Android is nothing more than a modified Chrome “safe browser.” Offers ZERO protections against actual attacks. 

Tsk tsk on you Webroot. 

I did download from the Android play store.  Am I being deluded?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey Everyone,

It’s worth noting that we have a brand new Mobile App coming down the pipeline. There are a lot of new features being built for that new app. Please continue to provide feedback and perhaps our product team will implement some of the asks into the new app. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@jhartnerd123 ,

I can’t speak to a lot of specifics as the product team is keeping many features under wraps from employees not involved in development. If you want specific features, please join the Beta Group and voice your suggestions there: https://community.webroot.com/groups/webroot-android-mobile-beta-133