Solved

Webroot Secure Anywhere Mobile Doesn't Seem to be Scanning

• 5 April 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
It used to take somewhere close to a minute and I could watch the progress bar. For the last 2 days, I have noticed that my Moto G5S plus's battery is draining in less than one day - highly unusual - and when I try scanning for malware, it finishes in less than 3 seconds. I deleted 2 apps, limited a few more apps, but the unusual behavior continues. My phone is less than 1 year old, so a battery dying like this doesn't seem right to me.

Thank you for any advise.

I have Secure Anywhere for 5.
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 5 April 2019, 18:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
@Ambarjose Please see this thread:

https://community.webroot.com/webroot-mobile-security-for-android-15/webroot-mobile-security-and-antivirus-android-app-identified-high-cpu-issue-338055
Yesterday I noticed my battery use went way up even though I wasn't doing anything different than usual, my phone was also feeling warm and the Webroot SecureAnywhere antivirus scan was not working properly. It used to take a minute or two to scan all apps but yesterday it took only 2 secs at most and wasn't showing any apps being scanned.
Samsung Galaxy S9+ Model SM-G965U
Webroot Secure Anywhere Mobile 5.5.4.36995
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Yesterday I noticed my battery use went way up even though I wasn't doing anything different than usual, my phone was also feeling warm and the Webroot SecureAnywhere antivirus scan was not working properly. It used to take a minute or two to scan all apps but yesterday it took only 2 secs at most and wasn't showing any apps being scanned.
Samsung Galaxy S9+ Model SM-G965U
Webroot Secure Anywhere Mobile 5.5.4.36995

It's broken at this time! https://community.webroot.com/webroot-mobile-security-for-android-15/webroot-mobile-security-and-antivirus-android-app-identified-high-cpu-issue-338055
Userlevel 3
What about Webroot not scanning my phone?
Userlevel 7
What about Webroot not scanning my phone?
Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave.
Userlevel 3
Thank you. I contacted support to report the problem.