webroot secure anywhere premium android

• 21 October 2014
  • 6 replies

i am a long time user of webroot for pcs. i just today used my 3rd license of webroot on my mobile android phone. i have 2 problems:

1. i paid 5$ to upgrade from secure anywhere mobile to premier, even though i already paid for 3 subscr1ptions. and then after paying $5, the webroot app said that it was the premier version....until.. several hours later it now says it is back to being the free app? what did i just pay for then?

2. my webroot console password does not work on the app, this needs to be fixed. my password works fine on the pc and console.

-any input would be appreciated

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Severe, welcome to the Webroot Community!

First, a quick question and we will go from there: You say you already have a 3 user copy, that should be WSA-Internet Security Plus OR the WSA-Internet Security Best Buy Subscription Software.  Am I correct in that?

Also, how many devices do you currently have using that 3 device license?

Thanks.. let me know and we will go from there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello severe, and Welcome.

Firstly, did you Register the Premium version upgrade?

To enable the mobile in the Console (thanks @ ):

go to the Account Console and log in.  If you have not yet created your Account Console, you need to do this in order to log into the mobile apps correctly.

Once logged in, click your email address at the upper right corner and choose "Manage Users" from the dropdown.

Locate the profile (Email address) you are wanting to use to log in.  Check to make sure that all permissions are set to Access.  If you have WSA Internet Security Plus for your computer, you will need Mobile Security and Password access.  If you have WSA Complete for your computer, you will need Mobile Security, Back & Synch and Passwords all set to access.  If you do not have a license for your computer, and are using only the standalone Android app, you will need just Mobile Security set to access.

If these permissions are not correct, click the little "person icon" at the far right end of the profile you need to edit.  On the next screen, click the Access & Permissions tab at the top.  Adjust your settings here, and while you are here check the key code listed. If you are using the Mobile App as part of the protection you received  with WSA for your computer, the key code must not be expired, and if you have WSA Internet Security Plus or WSA Complete for your computer this key code should match what you are using on the computer application.  If the Key Code expired or does not match the key code for your computer, you may need to Submit A Trouble Ticket for assistance.  Changes to settings in the Account Console can take 20-30 minutes to take effect, so grab a chair, a nice cold glass of water and relax a few minutes. 

Please see the User guide: : https://mobile.webroot.com/help/index.htm , and let us know if that helps. In addition to following @'s guidance.

If you have the Premium version of Webroot Mobile Security, you must register the product to activate the Premium-only features.

To register the product:

1. From the main Webroot Mobile Security panel, press your mobile device's Menu button.
  2. In the Settings panel, tap Register.
  3. Enter your product key, then tap Activate.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello severe, and Welcome.

Firstly, did you Register the Premium version upgrade?

To enable the mobile in the Console (thanks @ ):

No thanks needed.  TEAMWORK 🙂  Thank you for following up a bit @ I had to step away for a bit and I really appreciate you picking the thread up!
Userlevel 7
Adding to what Dermot has provided:

@ 

If you 3 user license still has an extra seat on it, make sure you are following Dermot's steps using the/a user profile from that license.  It should work just fine on the Mobile once the permissions are set correctly, that is how I have mine done.

Now, as for that $5.00 upgrade... indeed if you get things working on the 3 seat license, you have no need for the Mobile Premier you purchased.  That is OK though... Webroot has a 70 day refund policy.  You should be able to get that $5.00 refunded.

Please let us know how you are doing with it, and if you have any questions or anything else we can help with!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks for the great teamwork @ 

Cheers buddy

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks for the great teamwork @ 

Cheers buddy

Ditto :)

TEAMWORK is what makes the Community work 🙂