Solved

webroot secure for android

• 20 July 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
I recently switched android cell phone to new android cell phone. On older Cell I had an app called webroot secure anywhere mobile. Now on the new Cell phone I cannot find this app anywhere except something on Amazon that looks like the same app but you have to download an open source amazon app to be able to download the webroot secure anywhere app (free) for android so anyway can you tell me is thee a webroot secure for android app that is free ?
icon

Best answer by freydrew 23 July 2019, 17:13

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
thank you I got the app now
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Great. Thanks for the confirmation @TripleHelix !
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
It shows via search now on Google Play.

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Welcome to the community @RROKayO . The app was updated late last night and you should now be able to find it in the Google Play Store.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
The Amazon app is only for Amazon Devices like the Kindle Fire. For all other devices must go through Google Play.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
thank you I found the app I think on Amazon and there is an Amazon app download app that has to be down loaded in order to be able to download the Webroot app from Amazon . The Amazon Down loader app or whatever it is called is not on the GP store I do not think so anyway I hope that I did not get some kind of virus thing or whatever by doing the open source Amazon down loader app that I had to give special permission to to them be able to download the Webroot app also then after all of that I did see that the Webroot secure anywhere app downloaded on my new cell but then the cell stopped working ..., untill I turned it off and back on but then the permissions to give to whoever webroot and or amazon webroot or who ever was like contacts, phone calls gps, oh I mean I thought it was outrageous so I deleted the apps I hope that I did not give permission to anybody to do anything bad with my cell! or to hack me I guess I will try to ask someone does the webrooot secure anywhere ask for all of the permissions
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @RROKayO and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Yes the app is missing on Google Play and Webroot is working on getting it back listed on GP see here: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-mobile-security-for-android-15/can-t-find-the-app-339551

Thanks,