Solved

Webroot SecureAnywhere Android and Device Maintenance apps clashing?

• 22 June 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17
  • Popular Voice
  • 86 replies
I am having an issue with Webroot SecureAnywhere 5.1.0.17796 & the Device Maintenance app  2.0.11.4 on a Samsung Galaxy S6 running Android 7.0.

The issue below only started happening after the Webroot SecureAnywhere 5.1.0.17796 was installed.
When I start the Device Maintenance app, Webroot pops up over the top, I close Webroot., start the Storage or Memory modules of Device Maintenance app and Webroot pops up over the top.

I have unistalled and reinstalled Webroot and cleaned the system cache. I unistalled the updates to the Device Maintenance app, use the older version and no issues with Webroot.

icon

Best answer by SophiaC 27 June 2018, 00:36

View original

7 replies

I am having the same issue.  When I try to review the storage available on my S9, Webroot layers on top and will not allow access to screen for more than 1 second.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!  Our developers are working on a fix, and we hope to release a patch within the next week. 

Kind regards,
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
Hi Mike it is good to know that it is not just me.
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
Hi Sophia thank you for the reply.
I also have a Samsung Galaxy TAB S2 4G which I don't use very often. 
Turned it on this morning local time and it updated several apps including Webroot. 
Started the Device Maintenance app and no issues with Webroot popping up. 
Both devices are running Android 7.0 Nougat.
Same issue only since the Oreo update (last week for me), Samsung SM-G930V, also using 20%+ of CPU
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi,

I am please to say we are ready to release a fix for this issue.  Some devices will get this update today, other devices may receive this update later in the week.  By the weekend, everyone should have access to this update. If the issue is particularly bad on your device, and you don't get the update today, let me know so we can see about options for getting you the fix faster.

Again, I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this issue caused.

Kind regards,
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
Hi Sophia, thanks to all involved with the patch it has fixed my issue. I also checked my TAB S2 tablet after the patch, Device Maintenance and  Webroot are still playing nicely.