Webroot security for cell phone

• 18 March 2017
  • 7 replies

I have Webroot Secure Anywhere for 3 devices. 2 for PC's which has green checkmark showing covered. My Android cell phone has green checkmark but shows zero devices. I renewed through Geek Squad using old phone. Everything looked good until I upgraded my phone. What Do I need to do to ensure this cell phone is secure?

7 replies

Please help. This is third time contacting Xfinity because I STILL get "RED" warning saying Your Xfinity is not encrypted! I don't inderstand, from person that hrlps, everything seems to be fine, but a few days later I am still getting this warning!!
Userlevel 7
Greetings @ and welcome to our Community!

Firstly, I do apologize for all the inconvenience it sounds like you've had. Since you're having multiple issues, I highly recommend you reach out to our Support Team directly for assistance. They will be able to troubleshoot the issues with your Mobile Device showing as a protected device in the Online Console. Don't forget to also mention the message that "Your Xfinity is not encrypted", as one of our Advanced Malware Removal Technicians may need to further review your Device.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT
Send us a Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.as

All the Best,
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hi debber612, Welcome to the forums. "Your Xfinity is not encrypted"..............Go to settings/Security/Encryption/ENcrypt Phone....................and follow the instructions and prompts!
The part where "encrypt phone" letters are faded & won't let me encrypt phone in order to follow any directions for Android phone.
Userlevel 7
@, could you provide some more information?

Are you seeing a similar type of message on your Android phone?
Is it secure from call https://mobile-phone-tracker.org/ recorder on Android phone, or not? 
Userlevel 7
Hi vondes

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Well, this is what the Webroot Reputation sees the site as:

So, based on '1' the reputation is 'Low' (score of 40/100)...however that is most likley due to '2'; the site has not been around for long or very well frequented yet...so a little bit of a Catch22 position.

But finally, in terms of '3', no threats have been detected and therefore it is viewed as trustworthy.

Make of that what you will but from my perspective there is nothing that suggests to me that you should not go to the site.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick