Solved

Webroot stops and restarts on Android

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
When searching the web...my android will freeze for a sec and saids WebrootAnywhere has stopped. Webroot icon disappears and reappears seconds later. Have any ideas why this happens now and then? What details do I need to know for Android community to problem solve this? I guess as long as Webroot pops back on..it's ok?
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 7 March 2014, 23:40

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi SSherjj

That is pretty good information as a starter for ten.  If you can advise a bit more precisely what the time-line is when yo say "every now and then", i.e., hourly, daily, every couple of days, weekly, etc....you get my drift...that would also help.  Also are you referring to a phone or a tablet?

Also if you notice any strange behaviour either before or after the event, i.e., does Android feel sluggish, what were you doing immediately before & during the event, and is that the same thing every time this issue occur, etc...that will all help to situate the circumstances as best you can so that someone (it may be Support) can have a go a replicating the issue. ;)

Hope that helps?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
:$ Why all the details? Silly me of course I should know better by now..details..Hmmm..Happens on my Android LG cell phone. Last night and today it happened. When going into my email and getting a post from Webroot Community...the Webroot freezes up and saids. "Webroot has been disabled." And the icon at the top of screen of the cell phone is grayed out with a yellow mark in the icon and then the icon disappears for a few seconds. Then Webroot starts up again. But I usually have to get off line because page freezes up. And no phone isn't sluggish..brand new?

So yes  if it keeps happening I will ask support and see if they can replicate the issue.:8
Userlevel 7
Indeed...you should...;)

But lets see if the information garners any repsonses from the rest of the Community.  Would suggest that if yo have not had any serious comeback by the end of the weekend, and the issue is still occuring on your phone, that you then raise a Support Ticket. :D

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
It just hhappened again. Quote: Sorry WebrootAnywherecomplete has stopped. I was talking on cell and multitasking by looking in my email and WCA quit. I had to go into my programs to start WCA again. Maybe too many processes running? Not sure.

Yes I'll wait till end of weekend for support ticket.
Userlevel 7
Nah, SSherjj, given that it has happened a few times in relatively close succession, from what you have been posting, I would submit the ticket now.   Support are around 24/7 365...but may just respond slower over the weekend...but best to get in the queue as early as possible. ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you Baldrick, I've submitted a support ticket.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
:robotlol:I will let the community know what happens with my support ticket so encase others have same issue. Will be long weekend unless the community can help me out.:D
Userlevel 7
It may not be...you never know.  I think that David (@) may be around shortly and he cerainly knows more about Android than I do...so perhaps he may be able to offer some advice...perhaps, uninstall, restart the phone and then reinstall Webroot on the phone (just an uneducated guess on my behalf so only do so if an expert advises so...;))

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Follow through with that Trouble Ticket.  

I had not used the Android version for a while due to my 'droid being too old and no longer supported.  Over the last couple of weeks I obtained a cheap tablet, and I have installed Webroot on it, as well as a tablet we got for the kids.  So far we have not seen any issues like that happening.

Baldrick's advice of Uninstall/Reinstall may very well help, but I would really like to hear an update once you have talked to Support about it.
Userlevel 7
Hi David

Thanks for the tag pick up...much appreciated, especially in the area of Android...I do not even have it installed on any of my kit. ;)

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
 Yes Support has contacted me to uninstalled Webroot, clear cache, restart and reinstall Webroot again and see if that helps.  So Baldrick writes :uninstall, restart the phone and then reinstall Webroot on the phone (just an uneducated guess on my behalf ...

Thankyou,Ill be doing that shortly...and see if that helps which Im sure it will.:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes Thank You David, I followed through with support ticket. My Android is brand new and support has told me to uninstall,clear cache, reboot, then reinstall. I've done that and hope it solves the issues I was having,

Have a nice weekend.thanks for posting too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sorry, I posted this was a solution which I haven't tested the uninstall and reinstall on this Android to see if it was corrected or not. Will post again if problem wasn't resolved..but Baldricks suggestions was an answer in the right directions is why I said it was resolved. The only item Baldrick didn't suggest was to clean or clear cache after uninstalling
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
:@My Android cell phone stopped working again when checking my email. ("Unfortunatly WebrootAnywhereComplete has stopped working") but WAC started back up again. So I quess I'll have to give a support ticket esculated. 

Userlevel 7
Hi S Sherjj

Sorry to hear that.  Agreed; opening a Support Ticket would be the best course of action at this point in my opinion.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
The support group replies so quickly. I emailed Webroot the log files they requested 5 minutes ago. So as my Brother would say " wait for it" ....
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Would like to post this update of WSAC on my Android, I followed WR support with advice to uninstall and reinstall WSAC and was advised to clear cache after uninstall/ reboot/ install, three times, This didn't correct my issues through the weekend or now.
Support responses are are so quit to reply, kudos to them. I was advised today to restore phone to factory defaults, (of course backing up contacts and pictures). And do a clean install of WSAC , which I have done. Support advised to try this for a few days....gotta love the support team...fast responses...smiley smiley
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Just wanted to update my issue again ..My WSA still would give error message with pop up saying unfortunately WSA has stopped working. Support told me to open WSA/security/antivirus/schedule /tap force definitions update now/ tap back twice to go back to menu and check about/ version should be 3.6.0.6579, with 745 definition set. Well my version was 3.5...
Therefore : another trip to Play store and get new version of WSAC and uninstall old WSAC and reinstall new version. Walla...new version and new icon...and I believe I won't be seeing anymore pop ups.
The Webroot Support Team are the best !
Userlevel 7
Hi SSherjj

That is good news...sounds like you may be finally sorted re. the issue. :D

Thanks for posting the update...it is really helpful to us all for the future in case someone else has the same or a similar issue.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes Baldrick, I hope I'll be able to help the Android users since I've got the experience of recovery ,...uninstall reinstall,smiley wink there!