Solved

Webroot won't update virus definitions

• 22 August 2014
  • 6 replies

Regardless that it is alerting to this problem, Webroot fails to update definitions when the button to do so is clicked.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 22 August 2014, 19:17

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Regardless that it is alerting to this problem, Webroot fails to update definitions when the button to do so is clicked.
Hello and Welcome wsdohan to the Community Forum!

The Webroot Team is working on a solution to this problem in ones mobile cellphone!

You can if you like to try a clean istall of your WSA by following this KB article here as a temporary fix. Making sure you have your keycode ready and that you clean cache and reboot and then reinstall your version for the Google Play Store.

If all else fails then you can kindly issue a support ticket here

We aploigize for any inconviences that you are experiencing now!

Thank you,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
This issue should now be resolved.  Please notify me if you're still getting errors.
I have the same issue - being prompted to update virus definitions on my mobile device, but when I press "Fix" nothing happens.  HAve there been any corrections?
I actually restarted my mobile device and it updated the virus definition upon restart.  I am now "Protected".  Not sure if this is the way it should work....but at least it worked!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I have the same issue - being prompted to update virus definitions on my mobile device, but when I press "Fix" nothing happens.  HAve there been any corrections?
Hello JFittMA,

Welcome to the Community Forum!:D

You can  do a clean istall of your WSA by following this KB article here a. Making sure you have your keycode ready and that you clean cache and reboot and then reinstall your version for the Google Play Store.

If all else fails then you can kindly issue a support ticket here

We aploigize for any inconviences that you are experiencing .

Please let us know if this is resolved or if you need more help!

Thank you,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I actually restarted my mobile device and it updated the virus definition upon restart.  I am now "Protected".  Not sure if this is the way it should work....but at least it worked!
Hello JFittMA,

Great news and sometimes the simpliest things work!;)

Thanks for letting us know!