Why can't I install webroot on my Android phone without purchasing it seperately.

• 20 March 2014
  • 4 replies

Question: Why can't I install webroot on my Android phone without purchasing it seperately. I got the 5 devices for one year protection. I don't understand. Help? 🙂

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi shellys07

Welcome to the Community Forums...http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sBo_bouncing2.gif

What version of WSA do you have a license for?  Depending on that you have a number of choices as to which version of WSA for Android you can install and under what license.  Please see this KB Article for information.

Hope that helps...and post back if you have any further questions.

Regards

Baldrick
Internet Security Complete Webroot secure anywhere.
Userlevel 7
Thanks, shellys07

OK, then if you look at the KB Article in my previous post you will see that as a result you need the WSA-Complete version.  Have reproduced the relevant section from the article below.

Your Computer Has:
So Your Android Needs:

WSA-Complete

Use the same key code as you use for your computer.

WSA-Complete

(SecureWeb Browser and Backup & Sync is included)

If you download the Android version to your phone (via the link above) and install it that should provide you with what you need, consuming one of your five licenses.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Also, shellys07

There can be some issues with gettingthe Mobile side sorted so one of the gurus here @ has put together some notes on the process and the issues that can be faced.  I reproduce this below, in case you find it useful or need to refer to it:

"The first thing to check is to make sure your device is connected to the internet correctly.  (Sometimes the simple things work!)  Try to access a web page to make sure it is working!

Next, make sure you have the right version downloaded for your license of WSA.  Please refer to this KB Article for help.

There are several other common issues, and this KB Article may help as well.

Next, go to the Account Console and log in.  If you have not yet created your Account Console, you need to do this in order to log into the mobile apps correctly.

Once logged in, click your email address at the upper right corner and choose "Manage Users" from the dropdown.

Locate the profile (Email address) you are wanting to use to log in.  Check to make sure that all permissions are set to Access.  If you have WSA Internet Security Plus for your computer, you will need Mobile Security and Password access.  If you have WSA Complete for your computer, you will need Mobile Security, Back & Synch and Passwords all set to access.  If you do not have a license for your computer, and are using only the standalone Android app, you will need just Mobile Security set to access.

If these permissions are not correct, click the little "person icon" at the far right end of the profile you need to edit.  On the next screen, click the Access & Permissions tab at the top.  Adjust your settings here, and while you are here check the key code listed. If you are using the Mobile App as part of the protection you received  with WSA for your computer, the key code must not be expired, and if you have WSA Internet Security Plus or WSA Complete for your computer this key code should match what you are using on the computer application.  

If the Key Code expired or does not match the key code for your computer, you may need to Submit A Trouble Ticket for assistance.  Changes to settings in the Account Console can take 20-30 minutes to take effect, so grab a chair, a nice cold glass of water and relax a few minutes."

Am indebted to David for him generously providing the information...as it is so helpful.

Please let us know how you do, and you can also submit that Support Ticket for further help if needed as well."

Apologies for the bombardment  but hopefully you have all the information you need to successful get Mobile working?

Regards

Baldrick