Wipe Device

• 24 July 2016
  • 8 replies

I can log on to Webroot and see my devices ( I am Premire). I have a device stolen and need to wipe completely.
It shows the stolen device on WR website as needing attention ( 'update scan' but it has been stolen in country with limited wifi so could not acton this. I am now back in UK and need to wipe mobile. I cannot see how to do this from website; there are no intructions under 'Activites' or anywhere else I can find on website?

Please help as i need to wipe phone ASAP!!

Regards

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello endgame. 

Welcome to the Community Forum. 

I'm no Android or iOS expert, but I see this info, if that may help you,in sending a command from the Online Console:

Wipe (available for the Premier/Complete version only): Immediately locks the device, then performs a factory reset to remove everything on your phone, including your personal data, your apps, and your account. (If you have an Android OS version below 2.2, it does not perform a factory reset or remove your account, but does remove all your personal data.) Do not use this command unless you are absolutely sure that your device is permanently lost and you want to completely wipe it.  Before wiping data, SecureAnywhere Mobile turns off the Auto-sync function so it won't delete anything you've previously uploaded to the Gmail servers, such as contacts or calendar entries.

https://mobile.webroot.com/brands/webroot/en/help/lost_device_protection.htm

also see: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-for/How-to-Cause-the-Device-to-Scream/ta-p/5199

Hope this may help?

Thanks. I have accessed this info too. However it directs on website click 'Lost Device Protection' and indicates choose a 'Available Device Actions' but on doing this there are no 'Actions' listed!

'For your device, click the tab for Lost Device Protection. Select one of the commands in the panel.'

So there appears to be no way to wipe/take this forward from website??

Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I'm not sure. Hopefully ? or others more familiar with this function can 'chime in' with some advice?

Could i send 'Wipe' followed by my password from another android phone and would this do it? This is what it seems to say on website?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@ wrote:
Could i send 'Wipe' followed by my password from another android phone and would this do it? This is what it seems to say on website?
That's my understanding also, but we need confirmation of the correct way etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi endgame,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

You should be able to send the Commands to Wipe, Lock..etc. I believe your device needs to be online to Lock or Wipe.
http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/1302/About-Lost-Device-Protection
as Dermot has mentioned.

Have you followed this information here? http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/1297/Using-Lost-Device-Protection

The first method that I know of is to log in to your online account, select "Mobile Security," click on your phone, and select the "Lost Device Protection" tab.  You will then see a button you can select to send  these commands.

Another way to do this is via your cellular provider's website or another smartphone.  Most cellular providers allow you to send SMS messages from your account page.  To do it via SMS, text your number with "scream password" (replacing password with your Webroot password).

I am sorry I cannot help you more. I am having issues seeing my Mobile Devices in the Account Console. Thus needing to contact Webroot support myself.. Or else I could help you more.

? can you see your Mobile device in the Account Console? Can you see if you have these commands?

I would advise that you Submit a Support Ticket which is free of charge and they can help you if you are not seeing any of these commands.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes I can see the settings and I'm using the Complete version so can't say for the premier version? But as you said contact support!

?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you Daniel for the response. Much appreciated!;)