2 user portals. Which is which, differences???

• 18 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

What is the Carbonite my account portal as opposed to the older my.webrootanywhere client portal? I got the sign up for My Account and tried to login using my already existing my.webroot account and failed. Then logged in to my.webrootanywhere just fine and got a portal. Do we need 2 account portals, one community portal and also our license and password info for one program?

What’s going on? Will the old portal die? What’s the difference. What are we supposed to do if we  already have an account portal under opentext instead of carbonite?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Your right. I still have my Webroot Management Portal and just registered for my carbonite account as that where the value add items like Last Pass have moved to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Your right. I still have my Webroot Management Portal and just registered for my carbonite account as that where the value add items like Last Pass have moved to.

Ah. I wondered where Last Pass went. Thanks. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I tried. Now I get this error:

• The keycode  My keycode is already associated with an existing account.

I’ve no idea what account they might mean. Apparently not the old opentext account as I get this error message when logging in here with that account  info 

• The username or password provided is incorrect. Please try again later or click on Forgot Password.

Which does work at the opentext portal.

Not exactly inspiring confidence.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Now would be a good time to reach out to Webroot Support.  (https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support)