Solved

Activate a New license

• 28 May 2013
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
  • Popular Voice
  • 141 replies
This issue came to mind. I have a  years license. Now If I purchase another years license and activate it, will the original key add on and provide me with 2 years license???  Appreciate your input on this. Thanks in advance.:D
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 28 May 2013, 17:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
This issue came to mind. I have a  years license. Now If I purchase another years license and activate it, will the original key add on and provide me with 2 years license???  Appreciate your input on this. Thanks in advance.:D
Nope.  If you purchase a new license, and add it into your Console, it will give you another key code that will work for one year from the date of activation. 

If you want to ADD a year to your EXISTING key code, you need to RENEW, not purchase a new one :)  Here is the link to RENEW an existing key code.
Userlevel 7
You can also wait until right before (thanks David :D) your current subscription expires and then activate it. You would want to add it to your My Webroot Account and then activate it in the user interface so that all of your online data is connected (Backup & Sync, Password Management, etc.).

* Keep in mind that if you do not associate it with your online account pre expiration, there is some wiggle room where moderators can perform the association on the back end post expiration, but not much.
Userlevel 7
Mike, just to clarify in my own mind, won't purchase of a new key code and adding it following expiration of the current one result in the password manager not worikng until the profile is re-associated from the old key to the new one?
Userlevel 7
You are correct that the association would be seamless if the new keycode is added to the My Webroot Account right before expiration. You can always send a moderator a private message to handle the association for you (we prefer right before expiration but can fix it on the back end if it is after).

Send me a Private Message

* Keep in mind that if you do not associate it with your online account pre expiration, there is some wiggle room where moderators can perform the association on the back end post expiration, but not much.