After upgrading from win 8 to 8.1 I lost W toolbar, and password no longer works.

• 11 November 2013
  • 11 replies

Password software was working just fine and I really loved it. I have been getting accustom to  win 8 and finally was liking it. I upgraded to win8.1 and got it working ok except the Webroot Password software will not work. I lost my quick launch icon. I have logged  into Webroot and got into my password software but I still can not get it to work. Even when I click on one of my sites on the list that are passworded it will not take me there. This is my first post and I hope someone will come to my rescue.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey woodman - I'd like you to try uninstalling and reinstalling Webroot. There were recent fixes to the Webroot toolbar and filtering extension.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, we will need to migrate to the support system so that we can document our troubleshooting.

Webroot Installer (PC)
Will I loose my passwords if I uninstall?
Userlevel 7
They should be saved in your My Webroot Account in the cloud. You can double check by logging into your account and clicking the Passwords tab.
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hello
As you upgraded to IE11 in the process of W 8.1 upgrade, WSA toolbar is no longer compatible with IE as should be shown in IE 11 settings.
hope this helps
Thanks . I did not realize the ie had been upgraded.
I went into internet settings and webroot was not listed. Are you saying that it is not compatible and will not work? If so it appears that I am down and out!
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
No it's presently not compatible with IE 8.11 this is why it doesn't show up, I guess WSA dev will issue an update shortly as it is of concern for lots of users, 
Bye
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
pls read IE 11 😉
Webroot apparently fixed the problem as the icon W showed up.
Userlevel 7
I may be wrong, but I believe the fix for this issue went out just a couple of days after the previously last activity on this thread about 2 weeks ago.

If there are still users who are not able to use the Password Manager in IE 11, or Windows 8.1, you may want to reach out here or to Support to have help re-installing the Password Manager browser extensions.
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
nope, I give up: still no way for IE11, FF 25.01 I don't care about IE as I never use it, I understand it may disturb those who are a bit on the paranoïd side 🙂