Solved

Alert! Your subscription has expiered! ...Uninstall

• 26 January 2013
  • 2 replies

This is how I uninstalled Webroot as most of all Programs are uninstalled on Windows Operating Systems!

From the Start menu, navigate to Control Panel then to Programs and Features, then Webroot, then Uninstall Webroot, then Restart.

Webroot did not uninstall correctly. Webroot did not remove itself from my computer.

1. There is an Icon ( ! ) on the Taskbar which when clicked on opens: Security Alert! Renew Now! Your subscription has expired!

2.  On the Local Disk (C: then Program Files then Webroot then WRSA.

When I try to Delete the Program Folder: Webroot - The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program. Close the folder and try again.   Try Again   |   Cancel

When I try to Delete the WRSA Application (.exe) "file inside" the Webroot folder - File In Use - The action can't be completed because the file is open in Webroot SecureAnywhere - Close the file and try again. - WRSA - File description,,,Size: 716KB  Try Again   |   Cancel

Webroot SecureAnywhere has uninstalled from Programs and Features List, But is still on as a Program!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not uninstall Webroot this way as Virtual Agent shows!
To uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere:
1. From the Start menu, navigate to All Programs, then Webroot, then Tools, then Uninstall Webroot.
2. At the prompt, click Yes to continue.     Webroot removes itself from your computer.
icon

Best answer by MikeR 27 January 2013, 18:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
I apologize for the trouble, Les.

You can run an uninstall command manually by using the instructions below. If the instructions below do not work and there are still remnants of Webroot, please Open a Support Ticket so that one of our technicians can assist you in removing them.

Choose the correct instructions for your operating system.

For Windows XP:
1. Click Start, then click Run.      
2. Type the following into the Run box, exactly as it appears below.
      "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" -uninstall
3. Click OK.   
4. When prompted to uninstall, click Yes.       

For Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Open the Start menu by clicking the Start icon.   
2. Type the following into the Start Search bar, exactly as it appears below.
      "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" -uninstall
3. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.      
4. When prompted to uninstall, click Yes.

If neither of the methods above is successful, please repeat the steps in Windows Safe Mode.

Note: The path for Step 1 is for the default location. If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly. Also, if you are using a 64-bit operating system, you may need to change the path to: "C:Program Files (x86)WebrootWRSA.exe" -uninstall
Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Was having problems with Webroot Secure on my Mac using BigSur 11.2.2.  Contacted support was told Apple has great security system do not need Webroot.  I said I would just cancel.  He canceled my Webroot.  Tech said just uninstall.  I said I don’t know how to do that.  Got tired of waiting for reply so unfortunately I tried to delete each file I saw that had anything to do with Webroot.  I have a Webroot download file but can’t delete it.  I just want ALL of Webroot gone, no traces of it.  The tech did finally send me instructions however it is for Windows XP and Windows Vista and Windows 7.  I believe this is the worst help I have received from Webroot.  Normally good support.  Anyway what to do?