Solved

Annoying notification showing several times a day


Userlevel 2
Badge +3
The following pop-up appears on Windows 10 several times a day:


How do I make it stop? If I can't stop these annopying pop-ups without installing your stupid browser extensions then I will have to uninstall the software completely. This is unacceptable.
icon

Best answer by LLiddell 18 June 2018, 17:00

Hey everyone, I got to the bottom of this and it was in fact an educational campaign. I have seen that this has ended effective today, and because of the feedback we have received here, it has been noted to not take this course of action again in the future. So thank you for your feedback, we hear you loud and clear, and it will no longer be part of Webroot.
View original

48 replies

As far as I know, the popups have nothing to do with whether or not you have Webroot's browser extensions installed. I DO have them installed (smart) and I've only seen this popup once. Don't know why you're seeing them so often. Hopefully a Webroot employee, like @ can chime in with a suggestion?
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
The following pop-up appears on Windows 10 several times a day:


How do I make it stop? If I can't stop these annopying pop-ups without installing your stupid browser extensions then I will have to uninstall the software completely. This is unacceptable.
This should be a one-time pop up, are you still experiencing this? If so, please let me know so we can look into it further. Better yet, if you reach out to our support team, we can solve it much sooner.
 
1-866-612-4227
or
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp 
@ wrote:
This should be a one-time pop up, are you still experiencing this? If so, please let me know so we can look into it further. Better yet, if you reach out to our support team, we can solve it much sooner.
 
1-866-612-4227
or
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp 
Thanks, Lara. I assumed it was a one-time thing but wasn't sure.;)
I'm getting this, too.  VERY aggravating.  Completely unsatisfactory.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
And I have never seen this pop-up at all. :S
Userlevel 1
It occurs over and over unless you click the button (in which case I will not). I contacted support and it was stated "once you click to view the message the pop up will stop". Isn't this how those "You are infected, Click here to fix" Javascript dialogs work (scareware)? This happens on multiple machines. I looked at the change logs for Webroot and cannot find in the last update that this was built in. If this is policy controlled may you please update it to not occur over and over?
Userlevel 1
 Getting this constantly too and sick of it, it's not a notification at all it's a blatant advert for the webroot blog. It doesn’t matter if you click on the link and visit their stupid, boring blog either the pop still comes back relentlessly. This is worse than the utterly pointless and self congratulatory one for the 'view your personal security report’. Not renewing this year, totally had enough. I paid for an antivirus to sit silently in the background and protect my pc not flood me with intrusive pop up ads on my desktop interrupting my work. Webroot used to be good now it’s worse than the malware it’s supposed to protect you from.
No help from tech either other than "You can close it by clicking the red x" Doh! Muppets!
I've been getting it too, 2 or 3 times a day for at least 4 or 5 days now. Extremely annoying. If the company cannot get this right, I will be canceling my subscription. The only reason I went with Webroot is that it was extremely unobtrusive, but this is blatant self promotion and is useless to me, and I cannot make it go away.
Add me to the list of annoyed.
Can we get a switch for no message popups, and or add it to the Win10 Notifications we can control?
 
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Honestly I haven't seen the pop-up but please Contact Webroot Support and tell them Directly! https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp
 
Thanks,
Why is this popup even part of the software? If I wanted to know about phishing I could easily just google it. The feature lends nothing productive to the customer other than irritation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
It's an on going issue for a few years and I assume there trying to educate users about Phishing this time around: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/More-control-of-Personalised-Security-Report-and-other-IPM/idi-p/90140
Thank you for the link, but that was started 4 years ago, this still hasn't been fixed? Sorry to sound aggravated, but I just spent money on this for protection, not education by annoyance.
I don't go to my Dentist for a root canal and get handed publications on the newest techniques for the procedure, I just want the root canal done, and with internet secutiry I just want my PC protected. I don't need or want to know how it's done.
Enough venting for me. I'm going to go back to playing Fortnite and hope that the popup doesn't occur.
/Salute
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ wrote:
And I have never seen this pop-up at all. :S
Ditto Daniel,
 
I have not got this popup either unless I do not remember? Most Webroot popups for me go away after seeing them once. :S
 
I think the problem is in seeing it, not seeing it. I'm not trying to be mean, but I was kinda looking for help in removing it, your point helps no one. 
The notification is not necessary, and it's not just me, but others are having the problem of it happening a few times a day. Developers could just remove it, and on the next update it would be no problem at all. If it's something the chain of command wants all users to know about then they could email it to them. Why spend the money implementing and maintaining it into the software when an email would do the same thing. /shrug
Disclaimer: I am not mad or upset with you, I'm just mad at the product I just purchased. So please don't take this personal. I appreciate your time.
Userlevel 1
and here it is again. Notice, no matter what it will not go away unless I click the X or the button. As I type this reply it is still showing and I cannot complete the process of adding the screenshot because it must be clicked to get it out of the way. Do we not see an issue with this?

 


 
Having the same problem.
 
Please make it stop.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Webroot Staff will see this Tomorrow and will make a comment! @ @
 
Thanks,
I hope the solution comes fast. I've been using Webroot for many years now but I'm also a man of drastic mesures. If this isn't solved within 24 hours it will be exit Webroot, no matter my subscribtion is still valid for 869 days.
Image already added   
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hey everyone, I got to the bottom of this and it was in fact an educational campaign. I have seen that this has ended effective today, and because of the feedback we have received here, it has been noted to not take this course of action again in the future. So thank you for your feedback, we hear you loud and clear, and it will no longer be part of Webroot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ wrote:
Hey everyone, I got to the bottom of this and it was in fact an educational campaign. I have seen that this has ended effective today, and because of the feedback we have received here, it has been noted to not take this course of action again in the future. So thank you for your feedback, we hear you loud and clear, and it will no longer be part of Webroot.
Thank you @, I was having a hard time believing that Webroot had these many OPS reporting this issue. Much appreciated that the issue has been solved! 😉 Thanks to all who reported this popup. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hey everyone, I got to the bottom of this and it was in fact an educational campaign. I have seen that this has ended effective today, and because of the feedback we have received here, it has been noted to not take this course of action again in the future. So thank you for your feedback, we hear you loud and clear, and it will no longer be part of Webroot.
Thank you @, I was having a hard time believing that Webroot had these many OPS reporting this issue. Much appreciated that the issue has been solved! 😉 Thanks to all who reported this popup. 
Thanks as well Lara! ;)
 
I just got the popup again. at 9:30 am PST on 6/18/18.  When should I expect to stop seeing it?
 

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
I just got the popup again. at 9:30 am PST on 6/18/18.  When should I expect to stop seeing it?


We did shut it off, could be based on the polling rate that your program checks in with our servers. The now disabled "pop up" should be gradually hitting all users here throughout the day as users turn on their computers, and the Webroot client checks in with the server.
Just adding to the aggravation this has caused users.  This is very inappropriate for a paid product, ever.

I even got my question deleted from the blog post...  not sure what that behavior is about other than the marketing guy wanting to keep a job.  There was nothing rude about my questions.

Reply