Solved

Authorize.dll

• 19 September 2021
  • 4 replies

This keeps coming up in scans as infected. I then choose to delete and webroot rescans and finds that same file again and offers to delete. I delete and it shows up again (and is counted as separate threats as it is detected. Why can’t Webroot remove this file???

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 19 September 2021, 18:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Davemeek 

Please contact Webroot Support Directly and they will help you!

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Thanks,

This is an older computer..  I need a new one anyway. How do I transfer my Webroot subscription to the new computer? Thank you for that fast response BTW!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Davemeek 

Put the keycode on your Online portal Webroot Identity Portal once your ready just deactivate the old one and then you can install on the new one!

See here: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-antivirus-12/how-to-deactivate-a-pc-31240 and or here: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_website_userguide/wsa_managementwebsite_userguide.htm#UsingPCSecurity/DeactivatingPCs.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520PC%2520Security%7C_____7

And to install on the new system!

Please follow the steps below closely in terms of installing WSA on the target system/machine!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you have or add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online during the install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE). Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Install with the new installer, entering your Keycode when prompted to do so in the install process
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot

Thanks,

I tried that and when I put the key code in it said it couldn’t activate and wouldn’t install. My subscription is renewed. It’s way easier to go with a someone else’s software. Webroot couldn’t delete aurthorize.dll causing me to go this route so, the hell with Webroot!! I’ll let me subscription laps while I’m using a BETTER antivirus.