Solved

Back-Up & Synch?

• 9 March 2014
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
I've just noticed that a Webroot Back-Up & Synch icon (Cloud) has appeared and not quite sure what this is.  Is it another new add-on for the WSA Anti-Virus?  Although I have this installed it's asking me to sign in to my 'Back-Up & Synch Account'.
icon

Best answer by Petrovic 9 March 2014, 07:36

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello LoopyLinda !

Watch this video:
https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/How-to-use-Backup-amp-Sync/ta-p/71377
&
Learn more about BackUp & Sync

Thank you
Best regard, Petr.
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Thanks a bunch Petrovic!
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Thank you.
Please feel free to ask any further questions you might have.

Best regard, Petr.
Userlevel 7
Hi Linda

How are you doing?  Long time no post?

Just a little additional re. the Backup & Sync options.  Like all the features basically handled by the Cloud, i.e., Password Manager (which is not available in WSA AV), Backup & Sync is linked to use WSA Keycode...so should you ever decide not  to renew your existing one but buy a new one (perhaps at a better price? ;)) you should contact the Support Team and ask then to either merge you new keycode with the existing one, i.e., transfer the time from the new to the old, or link your Backup & Sync credentials to the new keycode.

Hopefully that will save you from concern and/or a post in the future about Backup & Sync no longer working, etc.

Have a great week.

Regards, Baldrick
I'm gettin this error (screen cap below) when I try and switch on my snycing and back up. The strange thing is that I had Synch and Back up turned on before and something has turned them back off. I also get this error when trying to add files to sync.

What does this error mean and how can I fix it so that my Synching and Back up works again.

Thanks

?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello AbstractHabit,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry you are having this issue. Have you restarted your PC? Try that and if that doesn't help then please do a uninstall/reinstall of Webroot. This will only take 5 minutes to do.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? Or you can always Submit a Support Ticket free of charge with an active Webroot subscription.

Thanks,