Solved

Bad site, no warning from WSA!

Userlevel 4
That first item is a link to a site where your computer stars beeping claiming to be from MS warning of an intrusion on your PC with a number to call.  You can’t close, all you can do is a Crl/Alt Del and kill it. WebRoot, why doesn’t this site have a red warning on it???

icon

Best answer by wptski 13 March 2017, 21:39

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hello @ here to report: http://www.brightcloud.com/tools/change-request-url-reputation.php

Userlevel 4
It doesn't appear all the time, next time I'll use the link.
Userlevel 4
It popped up again with a search so I copied it, tried it verify it again and submitted it.  It was given a score of 81 with a green check mark!  Seriously?

If anyone cares to try it themselves, here it is: ~snip Removed bad link and I have reported it to Webroot snip~

Userlevel 7
Well, just tried the link that you just posted and...absolutely no problem accessing the site/no sign of any warning or impediment to access.

Not really sure what is the matter other than I suspect that it is related to something with your specific system and/or configuration.

I would advise Opening a Support Ticket, as the best way to get to the bottoim of what is causing this.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I got it with Firefox!

Had to kill the page with Task Manager!

Userlevel 4
Good, I submitted a support ticket on it.

Did one of guys remove my link posted above to keep others from trying it?  Which is good, just asking.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Good, I submitted a support ticket on it.
I sent an email to Webroot as well! 😉 Nasty little bugger that link was!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry not Blocked! :(

Userlevel 4
Not for me!  Is there a way to force WRSA to update?

I found it, shows me current v9.0.15.40

Ah!  Now it blocked it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry it's not blocked!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello!
Thanks for submitting your suggestion of microsoft-windows-license-suspension.com/ to BrightCloud's Url Reputation Change process. We will email you again after we review your suggestion. We evaluate all requests and typically update our data and service if necessary within 24 - 48 hours. Thank you for your suggestion! - Webroot BrightCloud Threat Intelligence Support Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Contact us at: dbchange@brightcloud.com

Userlevel 4
But from a Google search for "eBay" with Google Chrome when it comes up still takes you to that site, no blocking then!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
But from a Google search for "eBay" with Google Chrome when it comes up still takes you to that site, no blocking then!!
Right as I corrected my comment! It will take a few days!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I  sent Webroot BrightCloud Threat Intelligence Support, the answer will come on Monday.

Userlevel 4
From the Google search, I now get this.

@ wrote:
That first item is a link to a site where your computer stars beeping claiming to be from MS warning of an intrusion on your PC with a number to call.  You can’t close, all you can do is a Crl/Alt Del and kill it. WebRoot, why doesn’t this site have a red warning on it???

FWIW ~ have you considered an AdBlocker to block Ad stores.ebay

Userlevel 4
Ads aren't the point here, a dangerous site posing as an ad is.
@ wrote:
Ads aren't the point here, a dangerous site posing as an ad is.
I hear ya'. 
and AdBlocker blocks user from seeing Ad in search results. 
Why not filter out dangerous anyway you can?
Just me.
YMMV

Userlevel 4
@ wrote:
I hear ya'. 
Just me.
YMMV

I added the AdBlocker extension but it still showed up.  I wouldn't think it needs a reboot.  It's gone now but that's normal as it doesn't show up on every search for some reason.

@ wrote:
@ wrote:
I hear ya'. 
Just me.
YMMV

I added the AdBlocker extension but it still showed up.  I wouldn't think it needs a reboot.  It's gone now but that's normal as it doesn't show up on every search for some reason.
FWIW ~ Adguard AdBlocker browser extension with four Adguard filters.   Firefox 52.0.1

YMMV
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@

"Hello Daniel,

Thank you very much for reporting these deceptive websites. 

microsoft-windows-suspended.online and microsoft-windows-license-suspension.com have been classified to the Phishing and Frauds category. Please allow at least 24 hours to see this change.

Kind regards,

Webroot BrightCloud Threat Intelligence Support"