Being asked to agree to new terms and conditions

• 14 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
(2) we added that we can contact you via in-product messaging; 
Not happy about this at all, I've paid for a years subscription and now you're making changes which look suspiciously like you're going to push desktop ads on us. I don't want to agree to your new terms and as I've already paid up front you need to either give me a full refund or remove it from my software.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
(2) we added that we can contact you via in-product messaging; 
Not happy about this at all, I've paid for a years subscription and now you're making changes which look suspiciously like you're going to push desktop ads on us. I don't want to agree to your new terms and as I've already paid up front you need to either give me a full refund or remove it from my software.
Something mighty fishy here?..........What type of Contact are you referring to?................I've searched all the advance settings, double checked them, and am unable to locate the In Product messaging location in the app?
Hi Lyle and Zigzagged,

The only times in my six years using Webroot that I've ever seen "in product messaging" was in this area of the WSA PC interface...

There was also a brief period, a year or so ago, when Webroot experimented utilizing a popup to inform users of a security report that summarized their use. These popups pissed off a lot of users, especially gamers, and the reports were often erroneous. I haven't seen them again in quite a while. While I can't speak for what Webroot might do, I can say that I don't think I've ever seen any kind of advertising popups, just that brief time with the security report. I don't think that "in-product messaging" necessarily means advertising. It could also mean providing information on tutorials, webinars, videos, or other helpful/useful information that could enhance the Webroot user's experience. At least that's my take, anyway. ;)

Take care fellas,

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Thanks BD, I recall all of that now as well...................Had slipped this Ancient mind.
Thanks to all above.  It was comforting to find reference to the "fix this now" alert here in the community.
It does seem strange to me that a toggle for notification in Settings would not be added along with the change in the Agreement.