I have found no solution to this.
I have two programs I use that both have the same function: to send a wake-on-LAN port to a locally connected computer I have to wake it from sleep. At some point, both these programs stopped working (machine did not wake).
I have narrowed the problem down to SecureAnywhere. If I completely shut down Webroot, the programs work and the target machine wakes.
However, nothing short of completely shutting down Webroot helps. Here is what I have tried:
- disabling protection (all forms: Webroot firewall, real-time protection, identity protection)
- whitelisting the programs
No combination seems to allow either program to get out the WOL packets short of terminating the Webroot process. Windows Defender Firewall state does not matter.
Is there a solution to this?
Best answer by Ssherjj
Welcome to the Webroot Community,
My advice would be to Submit a Support Ticket so that they can address this issue. This is a free service with your Webroot Subscription.
But if you’d like to try a uninstall/reinstall of Webroot to see if this will correct the issue?
Please follow the steps closely!
- Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
- KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
- Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
- Uninstall WSA and Reboot
- Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
- Let it finish it's install scan
- Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?