Solved

Blue screen and lock-up

• 13 January 2015
  • 2 replies

I have started getting the dreaded Blue screen when playing You Tube  videos and too often my system is freezing up and  is requiring a hard reboot. This is new since 11/01/2014. Is there a Webroot program that can identify the problem? I have tried almost all the other anti-virus and PC protection programs but so far Webroot it at the top of my list as being the BEST!
I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Google Chrome. At 63 I have had a PC since 1982 ish and know to stay away from bad sites and have always paid and believe in  anti-virus protection. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

icon

Best answer by Petrovic 13 January 2015, 18:34

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!
If you get the BSOD every time you watch a video, the cause could be any of a myriad of things, including your OS, corrupted registry, broken video drivers, defective RAM, a failing hard drive, a virus, overheating CPU, even a failing power supply.

Please Submit a Support Ticket for they can gather logs and they can grab the Mini-Dump and that will tell what caused the crash and let you know.

Userlevel 7
Hi konaok

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may add to what Petrovic has advised...have you tried looking at the Microsoft Support sites & fora for assistance with this?  As Petrovic has suggested there may be a number of reasons as to why you are getting BSOD on your system, and most likely it is not due to WSA but to some other conflict.  To start you off on the trail with Microsoft & another site that I know is reputable,and that I use a good deal, please see these threads (here & here) that relate to the general issue you are having and so may offer some guidance.

Regards, Baldrick