Solved

Blue screen memory dump Windows XP WRKRN.SYS

• 16 July 2012
  • 4 replies

I just started seeing a problem recently involving Windows XP going to blue screen with a memory dump. It spells out WRKRN.SYS as the file causing the problem. Please advise. I have no virus issues. I am also running Malwarebytes in conjunction.
Thanks
icon

Best answer by berniez 23 July 2012, 22:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey berniez,

There could possibly be remnants of the old product on your machine. Can you please Open a Support Ticket and let me know in a private message when you have done so and which email address you used? I can then send you instructions on how to remove any remnants and see if this resolved the issue.
Userlevel 7
Hey there berniez!

I wanted to follow up with you and see if the Blue Screen issue had been resolved? I did not see a support ticket from you and was wondering how you fixed the issue or if you still needed assistance. 😃
I have not had a blue screen since my original posting. Pretty strange. I did converse via private email with a tech and I was sent instructions to run a particular program you guys divised. Have not run it yet. Beginning to wonder if a windows update caused the problem not being fully compatiable with Webroot. I will update you if I get a death bluescreen again involving Webroot.
Bernie
Userlevel 7
Sounds good to me.

Definitely let me know if you need my help. I can collect logs and investigate it personally for you. You might also want to check out our new and completely free https:///t5/Webroot-System-Analyzer/New-free-tool-lets-you-diagnose-system-issues-in-less-than-2/td-p/7658. It can identify hardware issues or corrupt system files on your machine that may cause future problems.

Check it out! 😉?