BrightCloud site information request

• 3 September 2015
  • 40 replies

Hello,

I'd like to see a BrightCloud rating/notification at the site other then just page block.

My only option as far as I know is.... to choose to go beyond block, which then adds site to URL Whitelist.

Problem being once I whitelist a site.  That site loses all future BrightCloud reporting for the site.

Seems, sites are blocked as Suspicious by subjective possibly biased reports vs real time scan.

Because if site were malicious at the time by known detection during daily scans. 
Then I would get a red page block.

As it is.  I'm getting yellow orange page blocks which are reports of Suspicious. 
Suspicious by trustworthy score.  Low trustworthy score prompts page block.
Trustworthy is subjective.  Clearly, not an indicator of malicious content. 

I'd like to see a score at the site that reflects same available information reported by search results.
eg: Category and Reputation and Real Time Intelligence Analysis. 

Thank you for reviewing my request.
Respectfully submitted

40 replies

im not sure this idea would kick off. as the block page comes with info when you click the down arrow
Where's the down arrow....?

http://wf.webrootanywhere.com/ConsumerBlockPage.aspx?brsn2=0&bpass=0&bcat=59-&bcri=10&extra=src:1&burl=aHR0cDovL2liLmFkbnhzLmNvbS9nZXR1aWQ/aHR0cDovL2FkLnR1cm4uY29tL3IvY3M/cGlkPTE1&token=01+VtDC4V/hwjmEqMcTy1XFfvNHURgGHshtKGp3WS4ITZzY9JTLmDpklEImDz0y5BB7AGTQX1yWNUoMA/BmusY/LRePQKwwrD2QPA/9564jGNkHPwr+WRJNBsYHP4w8JOrw90QMA3uTcuxS9VLMnAobSi+xkSgMsHyL7n0tfD6wMH33J9RdN37aUq4GOGpD486TqiiPoRZtf/Hmc75HJiS1Q==
the aqrrow where it says Tell me more about it . it gives you a rating about the site

Really appreciate your interest and help.

So, far I have not seen one arrow.

I have two options.  Go past the block or just go away.

If I go past the block.  The domain goes to my local URL Whitelist.

I will never again receive BrightCloud data at the site on that domain. 
At any site that includes that domain. 
As long as the domain remains whitelisted. 

BrightCloud is silent.  As far as I can tell. 

im just getting a pic for you now 2 mins
Userlevel 7
The industry standard of a whiltelist is just that: you will not receive any information about it after that.  Think of it as an Ignore List, it will ignore all information about that site from that point forward.  It is not just Webroot that does a whitelist this way, that is how EVERY system does, from email systems to web servers.

Okay, industry standard for whitelisting.  Great. 
Once I whitelist.
It's written in stone. 
Industry standard. 

It's a local whitelist.  Why can't I still be apprised of the global status at the site.

BrightCloud continiues to report in search results. 
Even for sites in my Local Whitelist. 

My local whitelist does not alter global.  My local whitelist alters local reporting at the site.
Since, global is still reporting.  Why not at the site.

Firefox phishing and malware page blocks remain global even if I go past. 
There is no local whitelist.  
Norton SafeWeb page blocks remain global even if I go past. 
There's is no local whitelist. 

Let me ammend my Ideas request.
I want an off switch to stop local whitelisting.

I want continued BrightCloud reporting. 
Even if I go past page block.
Same as the industry standard that does not local whitelist.

Um, how come on my pics there is no "Tell me more about it"
Userlevel 7
?    OK, that is the last time.

I did not mean or attempt to begin an argument with you, I was only trying to help explain to you why the whitelist works as it does.  Any comptuer IT person who encounters the whitelist will expect it to act in the way it does because that is by definition what a white list is.

I am sorry, but I am tired of you turning everything into an argument, even when I try to help.  The nice thing about being a volunteer here is... I dont' have to.  It is my choice.  I am not an employee, it is not my job.

At this point... I think I choose not to.
? i just read that you are using Norton SafeWeb as well as webroot i think the issue you are having is norton safeweb and webroot webfilter are working together maybe if you disable one or the other it might sort your issue out. as it is not adviseable to have 2 webfilters going at the same time.

Thanks Adam.

Userlevel 7
I have moved this topic from a feature request as it is a support issue.

The best thing to do at this point would be to contact support in regards to this.

You can respond directly to the initial ticket that you had with support as well as using the contact methods below.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227
Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Regards,
@ wrote:
@ i just read that you are using Norton SafeWeb as well as webroot i think the issue you are having is norton safeweb and webroot webfilter are working together maybe if you disable one or the other it might sort your issue out. as it is not advisable to have 2 webfilters going at the same time.

Thanks Adam.
SafeWeb is disabled. 
An Exchange of Ideas is not an attempt at promoting an argument. 
Appears anything that goes contrary to the mother ship is viewed as an argument.
I had a well intended well written friendly reply over at Ideas Exchange that was once again sent to the ether. 
Webroot wins.
I concede. 
Goodby. 

Userlevel 7
Hello,

We apologize that you feel that way.

The images you were posting were in regards to a support issue, not a feature request, that is why we moved it to this topic.

Regards,
@ wrote:
Hello,

We apologize that you feel that way.

The images you were posting were in regards to a support issue, not a feature request, that is why we moved it to this topic.

Regards,
Well, it started out as a feature request because I had no idea I'm supposed to see as prince1011 posted.
I had no idea questioning the status quot would invoke such ire.
I was still asking for an option to turn off whitelisting. 
Isn't that a feature request.

Webroot support ticket has no vehicle for uploading images.
How do I tell support I'm not seeing same image as prince1011 was so helpful to post. 

How do I ask support for a way to turn off whitelisting.  They'll tell me to submit to Ideas Exchange.

Support suggested I run the Reputation Toolbar.
I asked support how to get information at the site and info about the page block and was advised Toolbar.

My comments regarding Toolbar has brought vehement comments and condemnation at me.
Geez, I'm asking questions.  I'm not throwing stones. 
I'm not voicing storm the Bastille. 
The mother ship survives. 

The mother ship can and will survive open dialog.  
The Community can survive and thrive even with the voice of a devils evacuate.
The Communuty can survive and thrive even with a contrarian questioning voice.
Survive, but perhaps not as the 'power' would want.

So, let it be written.  So, let it be done. 

Userlevel 7
Hello,

You can submit what you are seeing to support by uploading logs and attaching a screenshot when requested.

I believe that there was some confusion from support as to what you are referring to with the Webroot Reputation Toolbar.

I would advise continuing with support and they would be happy to get everything squared away for you.

Regards,

Well, fwiw and for the record.

If not for prince1011
I would not have a clue what I'm supposed to see in some unknown as yet scenario.

I was being trampled by powers beyond my control that seemed intent on shutting me down before
any voice of reason was heard. 

Received Filtering Extension update 1.2.0.9
I'm now seeing similar page block as prince1011
Suspicious attack ahead (red or yellow) + Tell me more about it.
Unblock page will still local whitelist.
Which then stops all BrightCloud reporting. 
Apparently, my page blocks looked different because I was on 1.1.0.59
Maybe, no one remembered what page blocks looked like with 1.1.0.59

Thanks

is this what your seeing ??
for http://mywifiext.com/cgi-bin/index.html
I get 404

Userlevel 7
That page has nothing to do with WSA...that looks Mozilla or some other providers warning page...Edit: or at least that was the case re. the image that was displayed and then changed. :8