Solved

Can anybody tell me how renewals work?

• 21 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Can anybody tell me how renewals work?  If I call the phone number to do so right now (before the end of the year), will my new coverage be from Dec. 22, 2016 to Dec 22, 2017?  Or will I still be covered through the end of the year under my existing 2016 subscription and the renewal won’t take effect until 2017 begins.  I hope it’s the latter; I don’t want to waste 9 or 10 days unnecessarily.
icon

Best answer by JamesG 21 December 2016, 17:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @,

If you call in and renew early then the days will be added to your existing subscription so you will not lose any time. However, if you purchase a new keycode then you must wait until the day of expiration to activate the new one.

I hope this clarifies this for you and please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Userlevel 2
Perfectly clear explanation, as I *will* be renewing an existing subscription. Thanks very much for the swift response!
Userlevel 7
You are very welcome! Glad to hear that you will continue to use Webroot! Have a lovely day!
Userlevel 2
Actually, since you mentioned it...

I started 2016 with Webroot but after not too long I ran into trouble where the software was apparently somehow interfering with the operation of my Canon printer.  [Uninstalling Webroot enabled the printer to function again.]  After spending a long time with Webroot tech support and giving us both more than our fair share of headaches, the problem/interference remained a mystery.  I ultimately decided that the printer's operation was too crucial to my daily life, though, so I uninstalled Webroot and proceeded to surf the majority of the year "without protection". 

I am not willing to fault Webroot just yet, though, and WILL start using it again in 2017, since I realize how dangerous a place the ‘Net can be - even if that means reformatting my hard drive to get rid of whatever is causing the conflict and get both Webroot and the printer humming again.

Anyway, as I said, I’ve already spent a good deal of time with the “experts” to no avail, and I was NOT intending to burden anyone else.  But if anything I’ve just reported happens to raise any red flag with another Webroot user, I certainly welcome any tips or hints you might have.

Regardless, I thank you again for your answer to the renewal question.  Have a good day!

-Steve