can't activate firewall

• 24 October 2015
  • 21 replies

I just bought another year of protection, but I can't activate the firewall. I click the slider and nothing happens. Occasionally, it asks me to complete a captcha screen, but nothing I type activates the firewall.

It seems like every time I extend my service, I had a weird problem like this.

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

May I ask what Operating System you are using and can you do the below?

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

Windows 7.

And I should not have to UNINSTALL THE PRODUCT to get it to work. That is, pardon my French, bull**bleep**.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Windows 7.

And I should not have to UNINSTALL THE PRODUCT to get it to work. That is, pardon my French, bull**bleep**.

Do you want help? Then please do a clean reinstall of WSA as it only takes a few minutes unlike conventional AV's.

Thanks,

Daniel
Didn't say I wasn't going to do it. Was just trying to express that this should not be the go-to solution. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well it's the first step we suggest when users are having issues with settings and it doesn't take much time.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
OK, I followed your instructions. Firewall still won't activate. Here's what I see.

And this in the corner:

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Did you try to toogle the buttons to see if they move to ON? The same with ID Shield?

Thanks,

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Did you import any old settings?

Thanks,

Daniel
Yes. The first time I click after restart, it gives me a CAPTCHA and then shows the little box in the corner (the one in the second screen cap, above). After that, only the little box appears in the corner. The switch never moves

I just don't get how it can be working perfectly, and the only change is a new key, and then it doesn't work.
No. It didn't even ask me about settings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
No. It didn't even ask me about settings.
Did you setup your online Console and put the new keycode in there? Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console

Daniel
Yes.

Userlevel 7
Hi cyraxote

With Daniel's permission I would like to suggest something that was found to resolve this very same issue a fair way back when, at the time, there were a few reports of the Firewall and Identity Shield being disabled after an update. Now, I am not saying that this is the same reason or that this will work but I am wondering as to whether it is worth a try...just on the off chance.

If you would like to then please follow the instructions below to apply it:

1. Open up WSA
2. Go to My Account
3. Click "Copy to clipboard" next to your keycode
4. Click "Activate a New Keycode"
5. Paste the same keycode you just copied to the clipboard into the line
6. Click "Activate"

As I said before...this is a long shot, so let us know if you try this and what the result is.

Regards, Baldrick

I tried it again, and this time it activated and started a scan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Okay Thanks. Please Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort this out. Also can you check again on your online console to make sure settings are set to user configuration! And if it is set it to something else and save and go back and set to User Configuration and save wait 30 to 45 minutes then do a couple of scans so the Client can contact the Cloud then report back with your findings and if that doesn't work contact support.

Thanks,

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I tried it again, and this time it activated and started a scan.

And what happened after the scan?

Nothing happened after the scan. Same behavior.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Nothing happened after the scan. Same behavior.
Then please contact Support as we tried everything on the front end and we are just Volunteer's and we try our best in most cases but after everything we tried it's in there hands now.

Thanks,

Daniel ;)
OK. Thanks for your help.