can you use malwarebytes pro with webroot

• 2 February 2014
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
hi just a quick question can i use  malwarebytes pro with webroot thanks for any help

4 replies

Userlevel 7
While I myself do not, I believe there are several on the Community who do use them together without issues.
Userlevel 4
Maybe you can, not sure about WSA, but when I used it before with Kaspersky AV, Bitdefender, or NOD32, even after putting the exceptions list for both MBAM and the other AV, I experienced major system slow down and erratic behaviour when playing videos.

It is never adviced to run to security suites live at the same time. Just keep it as an offline scanner is my advice to you.

One thing for sure is you cannot excluse a folder or file or service in WSA so that may pose a problem.

WSA is secure enough and the whole point of users who go for WSA is they want low system footprint Add another scanner and you are just asking for trouble and slowness.

just my 2 cents although others may have a diff. opinion.

My lifetime MBAM license is useless to be honest, can't keep it but an offline scanner and it never finds anything other than false positives in my case since I already have a good AV
Userlevel 7
For most people, WSA seems to work fine with other solutions, but if you have problems you can ask for help here.  WSA is designed to work with other solutions.
Userlevel 7
Hi MaXimus

Completely endorse the view exposed by David.

I used to run KIS 2014 AND WSAC but then have ditched KIS so that WSAC is now my principal line of defense...and for a short while I ran MBAM Pro as a back up (like you I have a lifetime license from the past).  I found the combination very light and working perfectly together so I do not see why you should not run both...WSA will usually defer to the other security app where there is crossover/overlap but step in if something gets past the other app, etc., where it is taking the lead.

And MBAM is very well regarded (...almost as much as WSA....;)).

Regards

Baldrick