Solved

cannot access webroot after winddows update - help

• 18 November 2012
  • 8 replies

Hi
After windows did an auto update, i cannot access webroot home or even open it on my desktop.  it also shows a red x on the bottom tool bar, even tho i am on line.  Help please!
thanks
icon

Best answer by simmons7 18 November 2012, 23:44

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey simmons7,

Can you please try uninstalling SecureAnywhere, rebooting the system, and then running the SecureAnywhere Installer and entering the keycode I sent you in a private message to see if it resolves the issue?
i think webroot is gone from my hard drive.  it will not pull up at all.

trying to uninstall/

hi
it is telling me to wait while it installs updates or software from webroot, but is not doing anything.
not working to uninstall. should i reboot and see what happens?
Userlevel 7
Yes, please reboot and try to uninstall again. If you are successful, please reboot and reinstall SecureAnywhere.

If you are not successful, please Open a Support Ticket so that I can collect logs and investigate further.
hi
I rebooted, and now webroot comes up as working, and the red X is gone from the bottom tool bar.  also i can access the webroot home on my hard drive.  does that sound ok?  seems ok now.  should i still uninstall and re-install?
thanks again.
Userlevel 7
It sounds like it is working but please do a fresh scan and allow it to complete just to be sure.