Solved

Cannot retain Microsoft Office Recent Files when using System Optimizer under Unmanaged policy

• 13 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi,
I have a workstation under Unmanaged Policy.
I am unchecking in System Optimizer the box that is supposed to clean the "Microsoft Office - Recent File and Folder List", however it does not take long this setting to get checked on its own and of course delete my recent files upon completion of the scheduled optimization.

I want to mention here that when I save the System Optimizer settings, a window appears mentioning that: "SecureAnywhere is currently managed by the Web Console and all changes need to be applied centrally."
However, I cannot do anything at the Web Console since the Workstation I want this to apply is under Unmanaged Policy.
Can you please help and guide me? I cannot figure out what should I do.
Thank you in advance.
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 13 October 2018, 04:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello,

This is a strange issue because if you have your online account setup: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console even if it is set to something else besides User Configuration these settings have nothing to do with System Optimizer and only affects the Security Level settings if you read here

https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_website_userguide/wsa_managementwebsite_userguide.htm#PCSecurity/EditingPCSecuritySettings.htm now if it continues to got back after unchecking and clicking on Save:

Then I would suggest that you do a clean reinstall of WSA!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,
Userlevel 3
Thank you for your prompt reply. I will set it up as you suggest and I will monitor how next week will evolve.
Just to mention here, that recently I had done a reset of Windows 10 and I DID imported old settings. Maybe this is the source of the problem. However, before resetting my OS, optimizing was working with no issues and settings were not changing on their own back to default values.

Hopefully, I will come back with good news in a week. No news, good news as they say.
If it will be earlier, it will probably be because of the issue persisting. 
Thanks once again for your prompt help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Yes in most cases importing old settings can cause these types of issues but to clear that info you need to do a clean reinstall and not import the old settings. I hope everything works out for you and thanks for the reply!

Cheers,
Userlevel 3
Sorry for delaying to reply, but I had to postpone the procedure by a week or so. It has been a few days now after the re-installation (I avoided importing old settings) and my problem seems to have disappeared.
Thank you so much for the advice.
Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Great to hear it's working out for you! ;)

Cheers,