Solved

Cannot uninstall for anything...

• 14 January 2015
  • 17 replies

When I try to uninstall it asks for the on screen code than the webpage pops up saying its been uninstalled. A few seconds later the machine locks and webroot reopens. Than I have to force the machine to reboot to be able to use it again. Is there a removal tool for this? Or maybe a secret way to just put in another key instead of having to reinstall?

Any ideas would be great, Thanks!
icon

Best answer by radzer0 15 January 2015, 01:46

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Please have a look here to see if this can help you uninstall using the Commandline or RUN: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/PC-Uninstallation-Option-Missing-from-Control-Panel-and-Start/ta-p/34688 and be sure your connected to the Internet when uninstalling and please let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Uninstall is there and it does seem to be uninstalling without error. Even the comment form comes up on the webpage. But it starts itself right back up and makes my machine almost unusable untill i reboot. 

Even what you said does the same. 

i did try what some others said to "Deactivate" in web console. Reboot and its still showing me the 11 days remaining. So apparently the program has no clue. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
If you still have an active keycode do a reinstall?

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode Example:SA69-AANA-A783-DE78-C584
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • Then Uninstall and that should do it.
If not please Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you!

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Another thing you can try is using Revo Uninstaller Free for 32bit and the 30 day Pro Trial for 64bit if you like? http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Daniel
Still nothing on that PC, im on my home PC right now and it worked like I would expect the uninstall to work. Deleted itself and I was able to reinstall with the new key. Tried calling as email wont be of much help for this issue and its a 45min wait. (called a little while ago not just this second)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yea sometimes users have issues uninstalling but it could be many factors personally I never had and issue uninstalling WSA. This is a last ditch way of getting it removed so do it at your own risk!!!!  Turn WSA off by right clicking on the Webroot Tray Icon and click Shut Down Protection then go to Program Files and Delete the Webroot Folder and go to ProgramData and delete the WRData Folder and reboot. If not please Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you!

Let me know how it goes!

Daniel

Came back to the same computer this morning. It was still having its locking up issue from last nite after I tried to uninstall. Drive is full to 0bytes free. No clue wtf this program is doing.  Still get the 40minute wait on support and twitter wont reply to me. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Came back to the same computer this morning. It was still having its locking up issue from last nite after I tried to uninstall. Drive is full to 0bytes free. No clue wtf this program is doing.  Still get the 40minute wait on support and twitter wont reply to me. 
Please Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you don't call them! I will let @ know so he can get it to the right people!

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
If the phone queue is long then you can use the online submission form and request a callback:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
If the phone queue is long then you can use the online submission form and request a callback:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Thanks Nic see I learn something new today as well. Noted for future reference!

Cheers,

Daniel 😃
I can request a call back and I bet ya they will call me shortly after im away from the computer. 

It shows stil active, but it actually isnt doing **bleep** now. Dunno what the deal is really. Im waiting for 20minutes with the machine talking to wait to hear how long the wait is.. 
I also dont understand why if the wait is always 30+minutes they dont hire new people???
Triplehelix, I just did the thing you said about deleting both of those folders. It came back, folders are now gone and its still running under my other key. Its just another thing I dont understand :

This is for those later on that have issues, I figured it out FINALLY.

After I deleted the 2 folders from page one that triplehelix noted. Rebooted and the app was back. At this point tho I could goto add remove and remove properly. Tried reinstalling and it asked for the new key, etc. 

So Problem solved finally as a mix of a few different things. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
This is for those later on that have issues, I figured it out FINALLY.

After I deleted the 2 folders from page one that triplehelix noted. Rebooted and the app was back. At this point tho I could goto add remove and remove properly. Tried reinstalling and it asked for the new key, etc. 

So Problem solved finally as a mix of a few different things. 
Very odd, did you end up chatting with someone from support?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Nope, never could get anybody with support. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry you had difficult issues uninstalling WSA as I said before I never seen this personality myself but have seen some with the uninstall issue and it's always best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you with any issues you may have and in turn help Webroot find the issue as to why some have this problem and they can get it corrected. But again not many have this issue and I hope you will continue to use WSA if not in the future as Malware is totally out of control but not for the WIN Cloud: http://www.brightcloud.com/platform/webroot-intelligence-network.php it's the future and it's here now!

Thanks,

Daniel ;)