Solved

collecting system status

On the bottom right toolbar of my computer Webroot notified me that I have 2 notifications.  I click on it to view the notifications and Webroot begins collecting system status.  It has been looking for system stauts for 2 days, and I am sure that it is not working ocrrectly to protect my PC.  Does anyone have a suggestion for me?
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 16 March 2013, 15:43

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Beph_Ann, and welcome to the Community!

Has that been running for 2 days non stop?  If so, you might reboot the computer and see if that will help.  Also, this might be something that can be fixed by simply uninstalling Webroot and re-installing it.

If reinstalling does not help, you might Submit s Trouble Ticket, and a Webroot mod will also probably be online here within an hour or so.

Let us know if you try the reinstall, and if it works or not.
After uninstalling, logging on and getting my lost keycode, and reinstalling the problem seems to be solved!  Thank you!
Userlevel 7
That is great to hear, glad that the problem is fixed.  This is a great place to learn about Webroot, so hopefully you will stick around with us here  :D
I'm having the same problem.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Webroot, and the problem does not seem to have gone away.  Webroot has been "collecting system status" for well over an hour now, and I doubt it will ever stop.
Any help?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello HJK and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums. ;)

Sorry for the wait. Can you please do another reinstall following these instructions! Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode as you will need it during reinstall, please download a fresh copy of WSA Here and save it then Uninstall WSA and Reboot then install with the new downloaded installer enter your keycode and let it finish it's install scan and please let us know how things are working after you have done this.

Thanks,

TH
Hi There,
I tried the above instructions and tried to install the file int he link but it won't recognize my key.  However, my key works when installing off the disc.  But, when I install from the disc it just sits on "collecting system status.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello JillAlex and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Buy any chance do you have a Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription service? If so use this link and try again: http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsabbs2.exe

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 7
Jill, also, if your keycode is made entirely of letters and no numbers, please private message it to me.  There are always two versions of a keycode - one with numbers in it and one without.  They point at the same license info, but we only use the one with numbers in it now.  The ones with only letters in them are outdated.  I can find the alpha-numeric version for you if you need it and send it to you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Jim,
When are the ones with letters in them expiring?
Userlevel 7
They don't "expire," per se, but it's possible a user might have trouble activating them. This is as opposed to the alpha-numeric versions of the keycodes which do not have that issue.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Jill, also, if your keycode is made entirely of letters and no numbers, please private message it to me.  There are always two versions of a keycode - one with numbers in it and one without.  They point at the same license info, but we only use the one with numbers in it now.  The ones with only letters in them are outdated.  I can find the alpha-numeric version for you if you need it and send it to you.
Maybe this should be posted in the TKB about Keycodes with letters may not activate. Many of us out here have unused Keycodes with letters, I have one unused 1368 day keycode with letters.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Maybe this should be posted in the TKB about Keycodes with letters may not activate. Many of us out here have unused Keycodes with letters, I have one unused 1368 day keycode with letters.
Good idea! Here is a new TKB. 😉