Solved

comodo firewall conflicts??

• 26 September 2012
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
  • Popular Voice
  • 31 replies
Wow quite a different looking interface!!  It certainly is different looking than the old.

My question is I 'm using the webroot secure anywhere antivirus and noticed the webroot firewall on.  Will there be a conflict with my Comodo firewall?  Should I turn off the Webroot firewall?  I haven't noticed any problems with both firewalls on.  My system is Vista 32 sp2 with all the current MS updates.  Thanks for any info.
icon

Best answer by JimM 26 September 2012, 19:01

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
One of the best things about the WSA firewall is that it doesn't conflict with other firewalls.  The Comodo Firewall is taking the place of the Windows Firewall on your system, and we normally advise that you leave the Windows Firewall turned on.  So since you're using the Comodo Firewall in place of the Windows Firewall, it would be wise to leave the Comodo Firewall turned on.

The WSA firewall covers the outbound traffic.  The Windows firewall (or Comodo for you) covers the inbound traffic.

They should work well together for you.  🙂
I saw the post for Comodo firewall but will webroot fire wall work with Bitdefender Firewall?Also I have a question pertaining to Speedy PC pro it has been messing with my security systems and vice versa.Is it Malware?Comodo listed it as a bad prcess and arrested and blocked and even quarantined it 1 time and labeled it as Malware.I used it today and it messed up my Bitdefender/removed  desktop shortcuts and auto update was not working.I uninstalled my paid cleaner and had to reinstall Bitdefender.
Userlevel 7
It should be fine with any other firewall.  WSA is an outbound firewall, and firewall conflicts tend to happen when you have multiple inbound firewalls that don't know how to deal with each other installed at the same time.  Since WSA is not an inbound firewall, you won't run into those kinds of problems.

Regarding your other question, the short answer is that you will need to contact support, as we note here in the Community Guidelines for any questions relating to infections or false positives.

The long answer, as to why you need to contact support for such things, is that the way in which we make a determination on a file is based on that file's hash, rather than a list of program names, so we can't really answer your question here on the Community just by virtue of having only the program name.  If you had a threat named one thing (let's say threat.exe) and renamed it (let's say to usefulprogram.exe), it would still be the same threat based on its hash.  Having its name doesn't do us much good, but having its hash, which is generated by Webroot during a scan, would allow us to take a closer look at that file and be able to answer your question.  We receive that hash when you contact support.  Since Webroot allows other antivirus programs to go first if they want to quarantine something, I can't tell you one way or another based off the information at hand whether or not the file in question is a threat.  However, if you contact support, they can see that hash and let you know one way or the other.
Thank you very much and I checked on the paid system cleaner Speedy PC Pro on Web Of Trust and it has a poor reputation al together and I uninstalled it and am never going to use it again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thank you very much and I checked on the paid system cleaner Speedy PC Pro on Web Of Trust and it has a poor reputation al together and I uninstalled it and am never going to use it again.
Good choice as most of these kind of programs do more harm than good. ;)

TH
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Good choice as most of these kind of programs do more harm than good. ;)

TH
They advertise many of these scam programs that do more harm then good on TV.  Good rule that I follow is to do a little research on the program before putting it on your computer. 😉