compatibility with Malwarebytes?

• 23 September 2016
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
Is Webroot SA compatible with Malwarebytes?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community otownly, 

Yes Webroot is compatible with Malwarebytes. Some us here use Malwarebytes without any issues. 
Userlevel 1
Can the combination of the two programs slow down (use excess resources) and/or crash the computer?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi otownly,

That's a good question. I've never had a crash using Malwarebytes on my PCs or on my Mac. Or have I heard of any crashes running the two together. Webroot uses hardly any resources and of course MBs uses more. 

Webroot is built to run along most AVs. So I'm sure running MBs will not cause an issue or cause any conflicts even though MBs is not an AV....it does uses some system resources but not enough to crash a PC....startup may be slower though.

? can you add to this? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello,

The 2 should work together without issues, IMO there is no need to run MBAM in  Realtime with WSA just do weekly scans.

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 1
Thanks Sherry et al,

Forgot to inform that I'm still using Windows XP (3) -- would any slowness issues be related to this fact?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Your welcome! 

Slowness wouldnt be caused by Webroot I don't believe. You could always uninstall MBs and see if that helps? Is that what you are asking? Running XP Is really outdated don't you think? Have you done a disk cleanup or is the startup slow? 
Userlevel 1
Ya, XP outdated but so easy to use don't want to upgrade. I use IOLO System Mechanic every day on the entire system. Maybe I need more memory than 3gb?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You should read what Microsoft thinks of Registry Cleaners: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/2563254 and I agree with them.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well I have to tell you that Windows 7 is very easy to run but you would need to upgrade the hardware. Like the video card and Ram (memory) and that can be an expense. Adding more memory isn't going to help I don't think.
Userlevel 1
Hardware is Dell XPS desktop and should be compatible with Windows 7 - guess I'm a hard case.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well you might only need to upgrade the video card? I upgraded my Dell with more memory and a video card when upgrading from XP to Windows 7 and now I have Windows 10 on it. Running beautifully.....