Solved

Crash with Mozy Stash

• 28 February 2013
  • 2 replies

I recently posted a conflict between Webroot Internet Security and Absolute LoJack.

I've noticed a new conflict. Webroot Internet Security causes Mozy Stash to crash as well.

Both LoJack and Mozy Stash involve behind the scenes communication with remote servers. Has anyone else experienced this?
icon

Best answer by MPF94025 1 March 2013, 08:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
I've been looking through the support system for similar reports, and I'm not finding any.  How have you determined it's Webroot causing Mozy to crash?  Does Mozy consistently work properly with Webroot not enabled and then crashes when you enable Webroot?  If so, we'll want to check to see if Webroot is treating any Mozy-related files too suspiciously.  This may be a simple matter of whitelisting a file.  To facilitate such an action, it's best to reach out to us via the support system so we can see what Webroot's interaction with this program has been on your system.
Seems to be working now. Earlier I turned SecureAnywhere on/off to replicate the problem. Whenver SecureAnywhere was running I had a problem: when shut down, Mozy Stash worked.

Now both working. Maybe related to same fix for Lojack, which is now working again also.