Solved

Deleting my games

• 22 April 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
I've had Webroot for good while, but honestly I never learned how to handle false positivs.

To many of my games I install mods, but sadly Webroot rarely fails to delete the exe.

What I whish to know is whether there is a setting in Webroot to stop it from deleting these files, at least just quarantine them and let me say ya or nay before removing the essential exe for good that requires me to bloody redownload the whole thing again.

What happens now is the exe is removed... and then... I'm asked whether I whish to allow, block or monitor it. But even if I then allow it, it's too late. the file is gone.

My second question is naturally if I'm able to get those exe files back? I can still see them under the "Black/Allow files (Advanced)" setting.

Thanks ahead,

Viftrup
icon

Best answer by jhartnerd123 22 April 2017, 23:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry for the issues that you are having. The best way to handle this is to Submit a Support Ticket and have Support check this out for you. They can whitelist these files/games/exe for you if they are false positives. This is a free service with your active Webroot subscription. 

https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Hope this helps? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Yes, you can contact support and have them whitelisted or they'll also assist with helping you create an override for them. 

But... be warned, a lot of "mods" and "hacks"  can be classified as a PUA and can contain some nasty malware or malicious programs that work in the background. 

John
Userlevel 1
Thanks, mates! Good to know.

Regards
Userlevel 2
I had to look up PUA. I assume you don't mean "PickUp Artist" but rather

Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA) is a term used to describe applications that, while not malicious, are generally considered unsuitable for business networks. The major PUA classifications are: adware.

But you are correct... many "mods" which are usually to allow people to cheat on games are wrapped in malware, adware, or ransomware.  I guess they figure if you're willing to cheat, you're also willing to be cheated. 😉
Userlevel 7
Current gaming on my 7-year-old rig:catlol: