Dell Driver Update - Adware.Gen flag?

• 7 August 2016
  • 3 replies

Just downloaded 3 driver updates directly from the Dell Support site - Intel Chipset and Graphics card updates and in the middle of the installation I got these warnings from Webroot... Is this a known misidentification from Webroot or is Dell trying to install malware on my computer now?

(see screen shots below)

Please let me know how to proceed...

System: Alienware 17 (Dell)
Webroot Edition/version: Antivirus/9.0.10.21

??

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi peternnapoli

Welcome to the Community Forums.

From what yo are describing in terms of where you have downloaded from & what, etc. I would say that this is a False Positive...but just to make sure I recommend that you Open a Support Ticket to let the Support Team know so that they can check this out and if true then they can whitelist the file in the Webroot Cloud.

Better safe than sorry.

Regards, Baldrick
Appreciate the quick response Baldrick.

I opened a support ticket via the link you provided, thank you for that, and gave the SupportTeam a link to this post as a reference for the False Positive submission.

Thank you again!
Userlevel 7
Hi peternnapoli

You are most welcome...think nothing of it.

I am sure that Support will response soon with the appropriate advice and most likely saying it is an FP...it can take a little time for some new files to get registered into the Webroot Cloud (you can imagine who many they must have to deal with on a daily basis...;)).

Hopefully that delay does not hold you up too much.

Regards, Baldrick