dns resolving error

Badge +1
hi i have a problem with webroot anti virus , i installed  the antivirus on a system with win 8 64 bit and the dns error comes after the installing and i can not use the internet even after flashing the dns catch,uninstalling webroot, reset ip config  , ...   . i have norton internet security and emsisoft antimalware on my system.
even after clean install of windows when i install webroot with these security software's the problem starts to show itself so that might be a conflict.i disabled identity shield the problem exists,disabling firewall the problem exist,disabling norton completely still the problem exists.
i have to clean install the windows to work with my laptop.i currently did not installed the webroot because of this problem but i want to use it so i am searching for a solution. 

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Nic

Thanks so much for picking up the tag.  Much appreciated.  

I was certain that it had to be something of that ilk as the Support Team are usually hot out of the blocks when it comes to responding...so it did not sound like them at all.

Let's hope that they can sort LeOn's issue promptly and so lift his 'disappointment' :D

Cheers

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
i submitted the ticket yesterday and still no response after a day , i'm really disappointed on webroot support
Sorry you haven't heard back from them.  I looked in the ticketing system and didn't see an open ticket from the email address associated with your community profile, so maybe the ticket was not successfully submitted?  Anyway, I went ahead and put in a request for support to contact you.
Userlevel 7
Ni dante_nfs

Sorry to hear that you have had no response to your Support Ticket...whilst Support do operate 24/7 365 days it could be that you caught them at the end of the week and that over a weekend ttheir response times are somewhat slower than the norm. :(

Perhaps we could call on the services of our excellent Community Manager, @ and see if he can possibly follow up with Support for you, to see if we can get your ticket  http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_bump.gif  progressed?

Otherwise the only other thing that you can do is to follow up yourself via a Check on Support Ticket Status

Hope that helps in some way?

Have a great weekend.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
The Support inbox is 24/7 but if you have a continued open ticket that person could be off for the weekend and the Community have a look here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Community-Announcements/Looking-for-Support/td-p/10124#.Uu0th7QaquI
Badge +1
i submitted the ticket yesterday and still no response after a day , i'm really disappointed on webroot support
Userlevel 7
Hi dante_nfs

Looks like they tracked his issue down to a specific WSA-related issue and as such a removal tool was used to resolve the conflict.  YOu have submitted a ticket so I am stil of the opnion that you have done the right thing and that we let the experts pick this up and see if they can rtesolve it for you...hopefully they will.

Regards

Baldrick
Badge +1
the same happened to this person but i don not know how he resolved the problem (in my situation even after clean install of windows and webroot the problem starts to show itslef)
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Internet-inaccessible-after-installing-WSA-AV-suspecting/m-p/6888/highlight/true#M233
Userlevel 7
Thanks, dante_nfs

Much appreciated.

With regard to the uninstall I use Revo Pro which I find more thorough than the standard uninstallers, even with a run of CCleaner...;)  The reason I mentioned the residue 'issue' is that the app producers offer custom removers just in case situations like this are indeed the cause of issues...not that I am saying that this is the case re. your issue.  And some times residues are overlooked...but looks like you have that angle covered. :D

Looking forward to hearing back from you shortly re. what Support have to say about this 'mystery'.

Regards

Baldrick

Badge +1
it's my honor to help you and the webroot community,i will update the topic with my progress.
and about your edit note 😃 i uninstalled them with windows uninstaller and the uninstaller that the company's(comodo,emsisoft,symantec) provide and after that cleaning the registry with ccleaner. i think it's sufficient for these situations.
Userlevel 7
Hi dante_nfs

OK, thanks for that feedback.  Sorry that we have not been able to be of much help...but I for one am very interested in the outcome of your Support Ticket as I have never heard of or seen this issue before...so any further information about how the issue is resolved (hopefully) and what seems to be the cause will be useful to the Community in case users in the future come here with the same or similar problem.

Many thanks in anticipation of your future updates on status and resolution. http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/thumbsup.gif

EDIT: as far as I know the other security apps yo mentioned are known to leave residuals after uninstallation...did yo check to make sure that there were no remnants left in the case of these.  Probably not worth doing anything yourself now given the Support Ticket raised...but perhaps something to consider int he future?

Regards

Baldrick
Badge +1
i installed webroot alone and the problem happens again.i will submit a support ticket.thank you all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
At the moment I do not see that the problem is caused by the work of WSA
For example there is a conflict with comodo at work comodo sandbox and Identity Protection WSA.(not on this topic)
WSA need to install one and see if there is a problem
Userlevel 7
I will say it again. Why take the stress trying to put WSA with another security solution? WSA does not work as an extra layer of protection. It's not complementary. Only compatible. Following Petrovic's advice and contacting Support would solve the issue of compatibility if there is any. But WSA is a standalone security solution capable of getting the job done on its own. If it indeed proves to be a compatibility issue on the WSA's end, I would say all this hassle could have been avoided by using WSA alone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Best to contact Webroot support:
Support Number: 1-866-612-4227
Support Ticket: https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Have you tried to install one WSA?(without comodo,norton etc.) Is there a problem?

Additionally, you can read the information:
Support for the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/wireless/can-6235

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software Manual Diagnostics Tool.
http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-025780.htm
Badge +1
i uninstalled the emsisoft and norton completely(registry entries ,...) then installed comodo Internet security with webroot and the problem happens again !! i do not know what causes the problem,because the OS is clean installed,maybe it's the wireless adaptor  my wireless adaptor is intel n6235 with latest driver and i have latest nvidia driver installed.
i do not know what is wrong with the system everything is normal but this issue is killing me!!!    
Userlevel 7
Hi dante_nfs

Not heard from you in a while, and so wondering if you still have the issue that you originally posted with?

Further to the advice given do you require any further assistance?  If so then please post back to let us know what your status is.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Couldn't agree more with Petr and Baldrick.

Using Emsisoft Anitmalware and Norton IS will cause conflicts. EAM used to be compatible and complementary. But that was a long time ago. Now it has become a complete anti-malware solution. It is just as full featured as any other antivirus. Using it with another antivirus or suite like Norton is not recommended.

WSA is an exception. It's compatible with any AV and Antimalware solution.

But why waste all the three products on a single machine when you can get optimum security from WSA alone? It is more than strong enough.
Userlevel 7
Hi dante_nfs

Welcome to the Community Fora...http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sBo_jumping.gif

Petr is spot on when he says that running multiple AV/IS/Anti malware software like Emsisoft & Norton at the same time for real time protection can cause issue...it si certainly NOT recommended.  So removing one of those is recommended.

WSA on the other hand is designed to work with/complement other AV/IS/Anti malware software, so if you must run two together then the suggestion is that you run WSA and EITHER Emsisoft OR Norton, to avoid any issue.

But again, as Peter says, WSA by itself will do the job of protecting you just as well as either of the other two applications...you may want to give it a try and be surprised how light and functional it is.

Anyway, the recommendation is that you minimise your security apps as suggested above and hopefully that will sort out the issue.

Do post back to advise as to what progress you are making..or not.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello dante_nfs and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Bring in Emsisoft & Norton exceptions Webroot processes.
Working together Emsisoft and norton can cause problems.
It isn't recommended to use in system for protection in real time many antiviruses
Why do not you want to use the WSA as basic protection? What caused such a set of antivirus?

Thanks
Petr