Solved

Do I have a virus!?

• 6 October 2018
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
Okay, I'm VERY scared right now.

I have Webroot installed, and I've been scanning over and over again and it keeps coming up clean, but I'm horrified right now. I was playing Town of Salem (A video game that I purchased through steam) when in the background I heard a slowed-down text to speech voice tell me that it was a "Windows Security Alert" and that I had viruses. Now, I'm not gullible enough to believe that, I'm scared because I'm pretty sure the Windows Security Alert itself is a virus. I have ad blocker so it wasn't an ad, and as many applications as I could but even when I closed chrome the voice didnt stop until its message was done. Is there ANY way I can figure out if I'm actually in the clear, or do I just have to trust the antivirus?
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 7 October 2018, 00:45

View original

2 replies

I'm scared too because I downloaded a file that Webroot said was dangerous, but I ran it anyway because a TON of people were saying it was a false positive. I scanned again and let webroot delete the file but once again, I'm still really scared.
Hello Nullcoss,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

The best thing to do in this case would be to open a support ticket.  Online support is available 24/7.

Let Webroot check things out for you, just to be sure. This is a free service that comes with your subscription.

Hope this info helps,